450 HK450 Tail replacement

yayupp

I'm learning to fly my first 6ch heli. It's a HK-450GT PRO V2. However I must not have put enough or forgot to put thread lock on one of the tail rotor grips, the one that bolts to the hub (still new to all the terms). Anyways, while spooling up, the thing explodes off and breaks. My problem is I can't find a replacement assembly. I understand this is a clone of a T-rex model and was wondering if it would be easier to find a tail assembly for that and switch it over.

yayupp

I saw that, but it's on "Pre-Order." Also, is that a price I'm going to be use to seeing as I upgrade parts? Seems a little expensive for that little part.

Lee

I'm not surprised the tail exploded if thats the screws you are using to hold the tail blades on.
Its sticking out like ½ and inch!!!! :D
These tail assemblies spin at 12,000 RPM. They need to be balanced.
The vibration from the screws probably sheared the tail hub bolts.
Your new tail assembly should come with the correct sized screws.

yayupp

:newhere: Well the cheap knock off grips had stripped threads and I wanted to fly so bad. Live and learn I suppose. Guess I will just bite the bullet and buy the good ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, will these work for the grips? http://www.amain.com/product_info.php/cPath/2_375_1498_1342/products_id/252438/n/Align-450-Metal-Tail-Rotor-Holder
It would be nice to order from the same place, save on shipping.

murankar

Staff member
Main shafts and feathering shafts should be in abundance in your crash kit, along with main blades and gears. Something else I like to have is Jesus bolts. Those things CAN bend and should be replaced once they deforme.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom