HK450 rebuild

Starting a new thread on this HK450 I got off Treff..... Can't thank you enough mate..

The Tarot head came today, so after trying it on the heli I took it all to bits. Good job I did really as some of the bolts and balls were just in finger tight.... I make it a golden rule to strip everything down I get and threadlock it back together.... Anyway, that's what I did.

If anyone has any advise along the way then please shout out, I want this heli in perfect working condition as a tribute to Treffs generosity...

So here's the head photos..

Out the packet

image.jpg

In pieces

image.jpg

All thread locked and bearings greased up

image.jpg

All 4 servos have been stripped down and modified with insulation tape and bolts thread locked back in..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Looking good Tony, it will be in the air before you know it, I like the beefy look on that torot head

"The Elton John Copter":)

Elton John !!!... Hmmm. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Looking good Tony, it will be in the air before you know it, I like the beefy look on that torot head

Yes it will Kev. The head feels good too, bearings smooth as silk. Much improvement on that awful Copterx head I had on the blade...

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, I'm not sure where to mount all the electronics - ESC, RX and satellite, Gyro will go on the anti rotation bracket behind the swash..

I obviously need as much wiring hidden as I can and for it to look neat..

Here's some pics..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

My desk is a tip, just noticed it on the pics.....lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
She gonna be one pimped up machine :)

Absolutely Lee, that's what I want...lol

- - - Updated - - -

I've looked all over for some decent main and tail blades that are decent quality AND are colourful.... Sick of these boring black/ white ones....

Looks like I might have to buy a smaller ESC as I can't place this thing anywhere unless I extend the motor wires from it and put it on the undercarriage....

Tail slider is sticking, and I'm not getting full pitch in both directions. It's also bent, done a feathering shaft test by taking off one of the blades and rotating shaft with driver, the other blade turns oliptically...

So I'm just going to replace the whole tale assembly and be done with..

Has anyone used the Tarot assembly as these come in "ORANGE". Lol

Tail in bits
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Omg, I've just ordered some orange align 600 skids and pipes.... Also a tail fin set for align 600 too......That should lift it off the deck.... Haha

image.jpg

Last edited:
Keeping this thread alive guys..

Still waiting for parts, mainly from hongkong... Just had to order some tail parts as the tail slider was very sticky so I'm replacing it all..

Anyway here's an update on all the parts I've bought, the ones with ** are awaiting delivery

Tarot DFC head and swash
Tarot tail grip assembly **
Align main shaft
Kbar Koala gyro
AR6200 receiver and satellite
Sky walker 40 amp ESC
4 x S306G-HV servos, modded.
Trex 500 tail fin set, orange
Trex 600 landing gear, orange
Tail blades, orange **
Align tail pitch assembly **
Metal tail servo mount bracket **
Cyclic turnbuckles. In bin
Linkage ball set
Deans plugs and sockets. XT60
Bullet banana plugs and sockets
White canopy, going to be custom painted **
Fluorescent bright paint spray, orange and green **
Tail shaft with gear **
Tail servo mounts for boom
Coloured heat shrink
Ball linkage rods
White main rotor blades, to be custom painted.

I think that's everything...lol

And here's a pic so far

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

treff

I think the wheel on the end of the tail is a bit strange but good for going around those tight corners lol.
Is that 500 or 600 skids? I bet you can't wait to get it in the air now Tony. Ah! I see in your list they are 600.
Good to start with and also better for landing in deeper waters lol
Put some floats on it and your set lol

Last edited:
I think the wheel on the end of the tail is a bit strange but good for going around those tight corners lol.
Is that 500 or 600 skids? I bet you can't wait to get it in the air now Tony. Ah! I see in your list they are 600.
Good to start with and also better for landing in deeper waters lol

Yes off 600 Treff, I think it looks brilliant, I won't be doing any hard flying so if stability isn't effected I'll keep them on.. I'm hoping that huge vert tail fin doesn't effect tail authority or gyro holding tail...

No I can't wait, I had it all working yesterday and ran it at 15% throttle (set that to full throttle curve). It runs ok, but I noticed the tail wasn't right so I stripped it down and now waiting for new parts yet again...

She will be flying soon....

- - - Updated - - -

But on a 450?:)

Don't you think it looks cool tho... Haha... I might put floats on it yet....lol. Nice bright orange ones

Top Bottom