250 HK250GT Saga (AKA Nightmare)

Tony

Staff member
Hello everyone. I know that some of you have followed me and this nightmare for a while on other forums. Well, now it's on my forum, and it's time to catch you guys up.

Today, I crashed my 450 and 500. I have them both sitting here with no tail booms on them, and the 250 (Nightmare) is laughing at them. So, I am thinking about doing something that I'm prolly going to regret. I'm thinking about buying all new parts for Nightmare and getting him in the air. This includes MG90S analog servos on the cyclic, a digital servo on the tail (although it's not the fastest in town at .13 sec.) and throw in a mems GA-250 gyro when it gets here. That is the thought anyway. But, here is the dilemma. With the 250 and the 450, the parts are over a bill to get them back in the air. OMG, I have to quit crashing lmao. So, I'm wondering if I should just fix one, or go ahead and drop the coin on both. There is no way that I can get the 500 going right now.

Now, that is all align parts except the 450 blades, battery for the 250 and servos. maybe I should go cheaper on the parts so that I'm not so worried about crashing them lmao. Ugh, the drama continues with this Nightmare. The 450 is not that bad, the crash was my fault. But, if you watch the maiden in the play list below, it tried to take my head off, then never flew again lmao.I am determined now... So, this is my Little thread where I'm going to keep you up to date with what I do to nightmare. I hope you guys enjoy. And, if you have not seen the build (the quality of the video sucks, sorry) then watch it below to catch up.

https://youtu.be/nPzrglRUbG0?list=PL13DCB59A7E4B70F6

Tony

Staff member
Okay, everything for Nightmare has been ordered. The parts are as follows from ReadyHeli

H25012 H25012 Align Trex 250 Radius Arm $3.99 1 $3.99
H25062-1 H25062-1 Align Trex 250 Tail Rotor Control Arm $4.99 1 $4.99
H25063 H25063 Align Trex 250 Tail Drive Gear Mount Set $9.99 1 $9.99
H25036 H25036 Align Trex 250 Ball Link $4.99 1 $4.99

Also, I ordered the MG90S for the cyclic, and a 9G digital for the tail, as well as some main shafts, flybars, feathering shafts, and battery (the 800mah, not the 1000 I have now that barely fits lol. So, if everything goes correctly, I should have this bird on it's way to crashing next week if my gyro will get here. And, if my #11 Keychain cams get here, I will have onboard video of it. So, let me know what you think guys. Did I make the right decision on getting this thing ready for the air???

Keith

One of my #11 arrived yesterday 21/4. I ordered it the day b4 you put that link up for the $22 one.. So should be here next Wed after Easter break.

So one on the model and one on my head, then with a bit of creativity with my editing I should get some good videos. FPV and ground to air....

Works a bit different to my old #3.. Can't get it to take photos. As soon as I press lens button it goes into vid mode.. Not worried though cos I don't have to wait for the 3 flashes..

Lee

its like rich food Tony. Keeps coming back on you. My 250 is hidden away so i dont have thoughts of rebuilding it just yet. My new 500 kit should be here soon as i asked for fast shipping 3/7days lets see.

Tony

Staff member
Keith, I'm hoping that my cameras get here really soon. I really want to play with them lol. And, I was checkin ebay and they actually relisted all of the cameras, but at $39, so I'm kinda worried if I will even get them. Lets hope I do, cause I hate filing clames with paypal. Takes way too long to settle. But, we will see what happens. I think it said between the 20th and the 5th of may. So, I have a bit.

And Lee, I couldn't help it anymore. After crashing the 450, and having the 500 tip over like that, I had to get something cheap in the air. And, if I crash Nightmare, and there is no reparing it, then it will be gone lmao. And I won't have to worry about it just hanging there. But, I think with what I'm putting into this heli, that I won't have a problem.

Keith

Tony, The #11 I just received was from this site. And I paid for it on the 09/04, sorry you do it this way 04/09 (9th April) They have put their price up as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320643655735&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The same as you ordered I paid on the 10th, one day later. They had 3 left and put them back to normal price afterwards....Just looked there back on at $22.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180650907134&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
... But, I think with what I'm putting into this heli, that I won't have a problem.
Famous last words? :chuckles: Hope it all works out Tony. Looks like the 450 will be here on the 23rd (Saturday). I'll let you know when I get it. I still need to order a battery charger and get some gromets. I'll reread your message and figure out what else I need to buy before I can get it in the air ... probably need a bunch of trainer time as well! :D (DOH!) I'll see what I can do for video. I'm thinking about getting one of those #11's as well. Maybe a pair. Anyway, lots-o-fun!

Tony

Staff member
Paul, once you get a charger, and 8AA batteries, you will be set to take her on up into the air. Well, after you put it together lmao. But, I think you will do fine with it. Just take your time. And if you have any questions, just ask.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Oh, I do have delusions of grandure ... no plowing my heli into the ground, being able to fly it right off the bat, being my "perfect Paul" self ... I know, delusions on all three counts :chuckles: I'll see if I can get the stuff ordered today, or I can also see if Hobby Lobby has the charger and batteries as these seem more like "generic" items which should be able to be picked up at any hobby store (but I could be wrong). I'm going to check online and see if these are items which they have.

Tony

Staff member
Don't worry about the double A batteries, I'm sure you have them in your house lol. Or, you can get them at the gas station lmao. Nothing special abotu them. But, that is a great idea on the charger...

Tony

Staff member
Okay guys, I have stuffed (in every sense of the word) the MG90S servos into Nightmare, The digital tail servo is on (and seems faster than .13 sec...) and the GA-250 gyro is on. Everything works, but I'm still getting that sporadic non start deal out of the ESC. Not sure what it causing it. But, She spooled up, I got the gyro all setup and it seems pretty good. The main shaft has a slight wobble in it, but I'm going to worry about that after I plow this thing into the ground hahahaha

So, Nightmare is back! Stay tuned for the "Maiden". Yeah that's right, Maiden Flight! Cause nothing is the same on this thing. And, the first maiden had major problems, and didn't want to do anything. Well, it will now, or it will climb as far up as I can get it, and it will die a fiery death!!!!! hahahaha

Tony

Staff member
Nightmare flys!!!

I was able to get him together today, and take him outside. Had training gear on... I never use training gear lmao. that should tell you I was worried about it. But, It still has some vibrations, but I was still able to get it in the air for a pack. Just hovering since I still don't know what else is going to fall off of this thing. Maybe I should start calling it the Nightmare Lepper..... hahaha.

But, sadly there is no video of the revisited maiden. I didn't know what was going to happen, so I didn't want to be worried about putting it in front of a camera. I know, you guys like to see these lol. But, I will take the camera out with me on the next flight. Maybe even get some FF in. I don't think he is ready for FFF yet though.

Top Bottom