250 HK250 gyro settings for servo

Hi
I am in the process of building an HK250 helicopter.
I am using an Assan GA250 gyro &
a D922mg digital metal heli servo 1.8kg/ 12g/ 0.07sec.
On setting up the gyro there are 4 types listed namely:-
1520us/333Hz - 760us/560Hz - 1520us /250Hz & 960us/333Hz.
I have searched the internet for the spec with no luck.
Can anyone tell me the setting i should use with this servo?
As i do not want to damage anything.
Regards
Barry
:pride:

Lee

Had the same issue myself Barry not so long ago with another servo. I just set it and prayed :D not the most scientific way.

Tony

Staff member
Here is the way I set it up for a servo that you don't know the hz of. First, plug the servo directly into the Rx and find the center. Make sure your trims and subtrims are centered. Once you find that, put a servo arm on it at 90* to the body. Now, move the stick and find out what the max throw is in each direction. Mark the max throws. Now, plug in the gyro and plug the servo into it. I would set the gyro to 333hz before hand, that seems to be what most use. Check your center and end points for each setting. Find the one that matches what you observed when the servo was plugged into the Rx. Hope this helps.

Keith

I think it's the 1520/250 for that servo... Ahaaa I emailed the makers and luckily kept the email....

Dear Keith:

1520us/250hz is perfect.

But we usually recommend using MD922 as tail servo.

Md922 is faster than MD933.

Md933 is for swash plate control.

Best regards!

I was correct as well, have not lost all my memory cells yet... now what was I doing...?

Tony

Staff member
There you go lol. Set that bad boy at 250hz and you are ready to go. No messing around with crap like I had to do lmao.

Hi Lee & Tony
Thank you for your return messages much appreicated.
Contacted Henge & they kindly gave me the settings for the D922mg servo for use wth the Assan GA250 gyro.
They are 1520 us 220Hz.
Hope this information will be of use to anyone using this setup.
Keep well
Barry

Keith

Hi Lee & Tony
Thank you for your return messages much appreicated.
Contacted Henge & they kindly gave me the settings for the D922mg servo for use wth the Assan GA250 gyro.
They are 1520 us 220Hz.
Hope this information will be of use to anyone using this setup.
Keep well

Barry

CAN ANYONE ELSE SEE MY POST...? OBVIOUSLY BARRY CAN'T, AND IN CASE YOU CAN IT'S 250HZ NOT 220HZ... I wasted 2 minutes finding that email....

PYNES1664

Hi Barry,
let us know how you get on with the 250, I have had a complete nightmare with mine - though I'm going to post how i managed to get it at least flyable.

Rich

Top Bottom