Quad HK 560 alien Quad. My first build

UBAV1

Well here goes it.. Most everything is now here and just waiting for me to get to the next step. Frame built with ease and purchased the Vector flight control system w/OSD released June 2014. Using Fatshark FPV 5.8 ghz and a gopro. I have this layed out on top to set up wiring and proper lengths. All has gone well however, I want to use a redundant power supply as a back up and Im not sure where to get that. Here are my choices for this build so far. 1 I have a power and ground left over from camera. 2 I have power going into ail servo on receiver that may not be needed. or 3 I can use a Y connector after currant sensor but before main board. My ESCs are all opto. This system did not require a BEC through the instruction of manual.
FYI My goal is to build a multi platform quad to not only fly great, to look great to. My selection for motor was Multistar 2814 700 kv with 30 amp escs which will be upgraded after first few flights. Any feedback is greatly appreciated and used at my own risk. Here are a pick or two. 20140706_040304.jpg

20140706_040304.jpg

UBAV1

20140712_013416.jpg
Well it is starting to take shape. I need to double check all power leads and finish wiring motors. I also need insurance for my Drone? Anyone have a recommendation.

20140712_013416.jpg

Graham Lawrie

Cant wait to see the videos:) One thing, in the first picture the negative lead looks like a bare wire close to the body:) not trying to tell you how to suck eggs, but need to be careful with bare wires and a carbon fibre frame due to its conductivity:)

UBAV1

Thanks Graham, I knew the about the wires, but I did not know carbon fiber was conductive. I have the - and + left over from Transmitter to camera. I hope this is will power my gimbal, just need to add the lead. Other than that Im ready to start set up. I think I might have my friends at the hobby shop look at it as well, just in case. This is my first project from scratch so the power system has to be learned. I have a lot of respect for all of you that do this and share in a forum.

Top Bottom