450 Hk 450 se v2

trainrider06

ok got a deal on an Align DFC conversion head.
I have an HK 450 SE V2 will this fit?
Or does this have to be a Pro frame?

Admiral

Hi Rodney, Yes it will fit, you will need to use the DFC main shaft and adjust the servo/swash links to get zero degrees at 50% then just do a normal setup.

Tony

Staff member
Actually, the spacing is different with the main blocks. I remember trying to put the DFC on my SE V2 and it wouldn't work. The bottom hole was off by about 2.5mm if I remember right. But, maybe I got a kit with teh blocks too far apart. Not sure. Let us know how it goes when you get the kit.

trainrider06

hmm...yeah I looked on the Align site and they said 450 pro so that might have been the reason I'm thinking Tony...but Keith said he knows it'll fit....Hmmm? Reckon it's gonna be hit or miss....we'll see...now I'm scared! Because I've got the dang heli flying so good now....hate messin with it if its working good...Love that spartan DS760! Very nice gyro!

Admiral

Hold off a minute Rodney, I've just checked mine is a HK 450 Pro V2 I've just checked the distance between block centres it is 28.5mm, sorry I knew it was a V2 something or other.

IMG_1109[1] (Medium).jpg

IMG_1109[1] (Medium).jpg

Last edited:

trainrider06

Yeah after what Tony said, and what it says on the advertisement for the head
Pretty much told me it was gonna hafta be a pro frame..
Oh well this one is really doing nicely and I was kinda not wanting to mess with it
Anyway....now to find a frame!

amastron

I'm doing this same DFC conversion but on a Align 450 SE v.2 and needed to order a main shaft just for the SE, (Align # H45H001XXW Main Shaft). I think I paid about 10 bucks for two shafts.
And while I'm at it maybe someone knows is this DFC head is supposed to be loose on the main shaft? I cranked down the bolt tight and it still moves around, not a lot but not at all tight.
And with the swash leveling, using the tool do you still use the top of the tool to align with the bottom of the bolt hole at full stick up?

trainrider06

I'm doing this same DFC conversion but on a Align 450 SE v.2 and needed to order a main shaft just for the SE, (Align # H45H001XXW Main Shaft). I think I paid about 10 bucks for two shafts.
And while I'm at it maybe someone knows is this DFC head is supposed to be loose on the main shaft? I cranked down the bolt tight and it still moves around, not a lot but not at all tight.
And with the swash leveling, using the tool do you still use the top of the tool to align with the bottom of the bolt hole at full stick up?
From what I understand the DFC conversion is only doable with the pro frame, not the SE version...
I may be wrong, but reading the compatibility section on the DFC conversion head sold by Amain Hobbys it states pro frame only....:(

amastron

Huh, here's what was on mine: Suitable for all T-REX 450 Pro/Sport V2 flybarless system. Used with 450 SE/SPORT must purchase additional dedicated Main Shaft Set- H45H001XXW
It seems to fit my SE very well, linkage worked out great, swash is level, servo horns @90 @ 50%. I'm not sure about the travel of the swash, guess I'll just wait for pitch adjustment and adjust to +9~11 and -9~11. Who knows, I may be the first dummy to try it on a SE v.2, shoot I may make history and or trash my SE! I do know on my other 450 SE v.2 it has quite a bit of Sport parts on it.
Maybe if this works out good I'll try my 500, cost more but I bet it fly's better!

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, here's what was on mine: Suitable for all T-REX 450 Pro/Sport V2 flybarless system. Used with 450 SE/SPORT must purchase additional dedicated Main Shaft Set- H45H001XXW
It seems to fit my SE very well, linkage worked out great, swash is level, servo horns @90 @ 50%. I'm not sure about the travel of the swash, guess I'll just wait for pitch adjustment and adjust to +9~11 and -9~11. Who knows, I may be the first dummy to try it on a SE v.2, shoot I may make history and or trash my SE! I do know on my other 450 SE v.2 it has quite a bit of Sport parts on it.
Maybe if this works out good I'll try my 500, cost more but I bet it fly's better!

Also meant to say, the shaft that came in the kit was like Tony said, it won't fit. That's why I had to buy the other one, it lined right up with the main gear.

trainrider06

That sounds kinda scary the head moving around like that...maybe it's upside down???
I would think that might jack with pitch or cyclic like that? Or maybe get a bad vibration...
As far as leveling I always use the zip tie, works great!
And am pretty sure you level at half throttle servo's all 90 degrees.

amastron

It's not big time loose, it just doesn't have that slot cut near the bolt so you can get it tight. It has no up and down movement just seems more lose than a flybar head. It's the same on the shaft that came in the kit, not just the extra shaft H45H001XXW I bought. It's not upside down, I'm talking about the T of the head on top of the shaft. Bolt hole lines up great on it, it just don't have any means of snugging down without the slot cut in. Here is what was on my kit: ●Suitable for all T-REX 450 Pro/Sport V2 flybarless system. Use on 450 SE/SPORTS must purchase additional dedicated Main Shaft Set- H45H001XXW. On the shaft itself it has right on it, Align 450SE DFC. I should know for sure in a few more weeks it it will in fact work on the 450 SE v.2, I'm waiting on the Gpro system to be able to finish up. Not sure when it will get here with all the snow everywhere messing up shipping!

trainrider06

Man your gonna force me to convert my perfectly good flying FB 450 into a FBL!
Already have the conversion head, even swash...and FBL unit laying around.
Yeah we got 6 inches of snow here in Texas last night! But it's rapidly melting today!
Sick of winter, even though we've only had a few weeks of winter...
I wonder if that's just a normal thing with the movement??

trainrider06

Man looks good....your really gonna make me think hard about changing mine over!
So the T part has just a bit movement?

amastron

Yeah, just a tiny bit but I'm not use to a DFC head. If you hold the main gear you can move the rotor blades back and forth some. It just don't clamp down the shaft like a FB head does.
I stripped one screw trying to tighten it up, it still had some movement. I'm going to try it as is and if it slings itself apart, back to start page and try it again.
I'll know after I spool it up if it's going to vibrate. I'll stand well clear of it to!

Tony

Staff member
On the movement, are you talking about rotational movement, meaning you can slightly spin the head on the shaft, or do you mean it rocks on teh shaft?

Top Bottom