450 HK 450 GT PRo with FLymentor system test flights

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Great job, Westy! It takes a lot of patience and skills to make a knock-off product perform like that. You did it!

Westy

LEGEND
cheers mate! it sure took some fussyness that is for sure....

now I know the weaknesses in the design ..... I would not buy one personally. :)

orbi

Hi Westy.

I had mine fitted way before you did ! and have not yet got it working. I kinda gave up. The tail servo was centering in different positions every time I switched on and powered up. On one day after powering on the cylic servos were rotating all by themselves!!!! I cant handle stuff working one day and not the next. I dont know where to start to find out if its the FM or my Rx or my tail servo which ive spent around 30 hours on to try and centre it as it keeps moving each time. It rotates on right rudder stick but i get no movement on left unless I go max 125 on the travel and only then it falls a tad short on the travel. I have to lower the right rudd down to 25 to stop binding but it makes the arm movement a crawl.
I ended up taking off FM and reverting back to normal. My new KDS programmer arrived in post yesterday to rub salt in the wounds. Now I got £100 of stuff sitting here unused. Im wondering is it worth getting new servos and starting again with this FM KDS

Westy

LEGEND
I used a separate Gyro .... the Gyro on board for the tail is rubbish ..... I had issues with it! and got sick of it .... (time is money as they say) you can used something like this....

27029.jpg

main(4).jpg

For the rest of the mechanical side of the Tail .... you need to make sure:

1. you do not have any slop in your linkages...... HK GT PRO's are useless as far as precision on the tail components.

I upgraded my clients to metal

2. make sure you have no restriction on any of the linkages as I discussed here:

Tail Issues? - Here are some good tips

I actually replaced the gyro with a top of the line Gyro....

you can use Futaba or Curtis Young Blood or Spartan Quark or even the Align ones are good ... you can get really good second hand (TOP QUALITY) ones as everyone is goin to FBL ....

Here are a few I found for you in the few minutes I Trawled my normal parts hunting grounds:

ARRRGGGGHHHHH .... their site server is overloaded....

here is link to the electronic for sale section.

Here is a SPartan Quark ;) $30 +P &P

AND ANOTHER

a Futaba 401

Last edited:

orbi

Hi mate I already have a decent gyro its a 750 align i want to use it but how do you wire it as you need the "eye" on the FM . my gyro has red,black,white ans yellow( 4) wires but there are 5 in the KDS gyro red ,wht,black,,orange yellow. my own has red,wht,black,(usually goes in the rudder port) and yellow (gear)? im using an orange Rx 6ch . when setting up FM I got 5 wires on the KDS gyro and 4 on my gyro, how is it configured so my gyro works as well as the eye in the KDS

Westy

LEGEND
ok ... I hope I am not confused.....

The CCD and Gyro (KDS) still get plugged into the same ports (in the side of the KDS Receiver unit)........ you only have the 3 cyclic servos plugged into the KDS main wire area 1, 2 and 3 slots

.... and you plug the rudder into your 750 gyro as per normal and your gyro 3 wire into channel 4 and hte single signal for gain into channel 5 like a normal heli....

I unfortunately deleted all my footage of how I had it all set up ... but ran some detailed notes in my heli master repair manual I have built up over the time I have been working on them.

IMPORTANT FOOT NOTE:

once your initial set up is done .... you need to disable the KDS ... test fly it and adjust your mechanical servo links to get it to hover nicely (TUNING the SWASH) ... then engage the KDS and re tune it using your KDS programmer (SECTION 3) as your KDS will have a different view on what is level .... get it hovering nicely in KDS MODE ... and you then only need to tune the KDS control and hover zone features....

Last edited:

orbi

Thanks Westy your a star. i ll be using that Savox 1290 and those HV Turnigy306 G on cyclic with a 40amp ESC .... I was on your training vids 5 mins ago watching you play with the sims. Ive been trying for hours on the 450 Pro and I cant get that to stand still at all. its just impossilbe it just takes off.... try it for me and let me know if flying is as hard as that !. If it is then Im going to boats lol. I would like your opinion on hovering that 450 Pro in phoenix tho. cheers again.

Westy

LEGEND
the 450 on the sim? .... are you setting 20 - 30% expo on the AIL AND ELE? ... should be a breeze .... will have a go now and get back with a vid soon haha.... no frills ... live action!

- - - Updated - - -

just had a bit of a play with one straight off the ranks! ... they fly pretty good! I do have 20% AIL AND ELE in my TX set up though .... so that really helps.... rendering video now...tap tap tap

orbi

What !!!! you hovered that with 20%..... im playin now with 30 and i cant get it to stay still. im like drifting away out of sight or I spend more time walking after a dead bird..... I need a Golden Retriever !

- - - Updated - - -

Gee im so envious........ practice i guess..... im almost afraid to go real flyin..... so sht scared of busting up my good PRO. Im not doing anything till I get this hovering right for a start! Im not made of money! it doesnt grow on trees, maybe my heli does, ive crshed so many times into those woods on sim Im begining to think it lives there! !

Westy

LEGEND
I run on my 600 16% on both ail and ELE in real life

here is the vid of the 450 hovering .... Lol .... try not to laugh too hard!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom