FBL Gyro HK 401B Gyro Radio Settings (Fly Sky CT6B)

cantyman

Hello again guy's.....

Im here to ask a few questions about the radio setting and what they mean to the funtion of the Gyro. In the CT6B there is mixing and channel 4 is mixed with itself. What Im trying to understand is what the rate up and down means in the mixing setup? Is this like the gain settings for the Gyro? The up and down is set at 100 and 100....Does this have effect on the Gyro's sensitivity? I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this question but since it is a questions about the Gyro and the radio mixed together It seems to be kind of a toss up ....:uncomfortableness:...Again guy's I would appreciate your help in this matter. I hope my question is clear.

Thanks in advance to all....

heli-maniac

im not trying to be a smart But or anything but get rid of that radio it will just make it harder for you to learn with
I had one and they are very hard to get right and its been so long ago i cant even think of how it works
i would say look in to a DX6I they are easy to use and dont cost a lot of money
sorry for the downer on the radio but im know how they are and how much better learning will be with a DX6I I started that way and spent lots of money trying to go cheep

cantyman

thanks for you suggestion.....this is a radio Im using for a project. My personal radio is the Fly Sky TH9x .....thanks again

Westy

LEGEND
Once your connected to the pc and radio is sending signals .... (get user on the correct Com port) - your levers will start moving the lines
======================
Go to Mix ... and mix1 =FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS RIGHT AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST... Mix 2 = CH 4 to CH 4... Mix 3 Ch 1 to CH1 all up and down rates leave at 100% and on.

Click OK
=======================
Go To Switch B button
MAKE SURE .... NOR/ID is sellected

=======================

Switch be will be normal and then Idle up switch (SW B on the Tx)

=======================

NOTE... WHEN YO UARE IN ANY SUB MENU (BUTTON CONFIG ETC) AS SOON S YOU CLICK OK .... IT STICKS AND THE HELI WILL BEHAVE WITH THIS SETUP

=======================

The Gyro PLugs into channel 4 and then the rudder plugs into the gyro.

=======================
Make sure all your Trim tabs on the TX are centred.... EXCEPT THROTTLE ... which is al the way down of course.

=======================

CLick DR Button and all on left should be 100 and on right should be CH1 = 50, CH2 = 50, CH4 100

Click Ok
==========

select SWitch A and select Throttle Cut (this is set Switch A as your throttle cut switch)

==========

Select Switch B and select NOR/ID

===========

Rudder and Gyro SEtup

Go into End POint Adjustment and set to 80 and 80 on CH4

you will do the mechanical setup at this point of course by plugging the rudder servo directly in to CH 4 on RX and checking left and right range.... increase end point to attain correct mechanical travel. (making sure you have zero pitch on your tail blades (do this by sliding the servo up and down the boom) to assure you are at central point on the pitch slider. - Also make sure your servo arm is at 90 degrees to the servo - do this as mechanically close as possible and then adjust with subtrim on channel 4
=====================

SErvo BAll should be 8.5 mm from centre on a 450 ... servo should also be 0.08 or faster or you will get tail wag or creeping.

======================
Now you can plug the rudder servo into the gyro and the gyro 3 wire into ch 4 and the Single wire gyro wire..... into channel 5 on the Rx

======================

The gyro gain wire normally gets connected to CH5
This example will utilize VRB knob and Mix 1 to set the gain for CH5.
Set Endpoint/travel adjust for CH5 to 100/100
Set Subtrim for CH5 to 0
Set VR(B) to NULL
Enable MIX 1 as follows
Source VRB
Destination CH5
Up Rate 100
Down Rate 100
Switch ON.
Moving the VRB knob will now set the gyro gain. If your gyro has a light that indicates Heading Hold vs. Rate mode, I recommend that you pull the VRB knob off, then turn the VRB dial to the point where the Gyro HH light JUST turns on/off. Now re-insert the knob of the VRB onto the Tx with the notch pointed straight up. One direction will be HH, the other direction will be Rate mode. Many gyros will have a light that indicates HH mode. Some gyros MUST be initialized in HH mode.(powered up in HH mode).

here is a link o a complete set of instructions::

Top Bottom