HK-250GT Alloy Electric Helicopter

Hi
Today i purchased an HK-250GT Alloy Electric Helicopter Kit .
I Have not built an electric helicopter before.
I have a few question if you would be kind enought to answer:-
I am looking to buy the following items but do not have any idea about the make & model I need.
Being on a tight budget (like most of us) can anyone please assist me in selecting the items below.

1 Reciever suitable for Spectrum DX6i I have heard that the orange reciever is reliable & good value.
1 Brushless motor
1 Pinion for motor
3 Cyclic servo's suitable for the above reciever
1 Tail servo suitable for Spectrum DX6i suitable for above reciever
1 Speed controller
1 Gyro
1 Battery pack
Do i need any soldered connections?

Regards
Barry
:)

Tony

Staff member
Hey Barry, I was wondering what happened to you. When I had my helicopter, I had the Align motor, and it came with the pinion that is held on with threadlock compound, any SD90 servo will work, you need a good digital tail servo, I used the EXI D213F from hobbypartz, but I'm sure you can find something closer to you. I used the GA-250 gyro and it worked great. The ESC that I used was an old one that I had, but any 18-25 amp will work. And get an 800 3s battery made for the align 250 helicopter. If you need to solder any connections, it will be on the motor, but the motor/esc should come with those. You just have to put them on. the 250 batteries should also come with the connectors, just make sure your ESC and battery match.

Hope this helps you out. Can't wait to see it in the air.

Lee

Hi Barry,
Tony and i have both built that heli and had interesting times with it. All i can say is, if you go cheap on the electrics it will bite you back hard. A great gyro that i have on my 450 and 600 is the GT9 from wheels wings and rotors in the uk. At only £40 its a great gyro, on par with the align ones for more £££ Tail servo def need a good digital one.
You need to change the belt in the tail. The stock ones are prone to break in the first few flights. You can get a kevlar one from Infinity Hobby in HK. They have good prices on original align parts. You will also need to change the tail shaft for align. The original cog slips on the shaft.
Give me a shout as you get into the build if you have any issues. I built two of them last year.

Lee

In fact i have a box full of spares if you need some part at a very reasonable price :D

Top Bottom