Batteries High cell

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey everyone. I've been flying 6 min. on my batteries" Eco power 30c 11.1/2200" for awhile now. After flight, my tester reads 11.1 when done. Lately here my 6 min. flights are not lasting as long. If i make a 6 min flight now, my heli starts to run out of juice real quick. When i put the tester on my batteries it's readings are 10.6 now. I just learn for the first time how to hover around inverted "what an adrenaline high this inverting flying gave me. :)" when i experience power decreasing. My question is should i turn my timer down on my TX to something like 4 to 5 min or is it time for new batteries? I have Tarot 450 prov2 DFC/AR7200BX/CC Talon 35a/KST DS215MG/Turnigy H2218-3550KV motor/Spektrum DX6i. I'm having to much fun learning this inverted flying and don't what to crash because of battery failure. Any answer would be appreciated. Happy belated birthday Tony.

Thank you RCH.

stokke

The battery is almost empty when you have it at 11.1v, meaning you are below the 30% line. You should try not to drain your packs under 30% capacity. In my opinion you should have at least 3,75 volts per cell when the flight is over, that making 11,25v on your packs.

If you drain your packs to 11.1v every time, you will wear them out faster. So yes, reduce the timer to maybe 5 minutes.

Also remember to storage charge your packs between flights, not leaving them empty or fully charged over long periods of time. The packs will loose their "punch" over time as well as their endurance. Be sure to check them every once in a while and reduce the timer accordingly. The better the pilot you become the more you will stress your packs, making it even more important to maintain your packs.

Good luck :D

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Marius. That information was very helpful. I didn't know you can stress out a battery? I don't want that. The wife is enough stress for me. I changed the timer to 5 min and all the number came out like you said. I should be able to get some extra flight time out of those old batteries for a while till i save up for new ones. Cool Bean!

Top Bottom