Hi

f4qr00

Wassup guys, My name is Sheik n am from Mauritius but currently living in Ireland. I'm pretty new to Rc heli, but love them to bits. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys, am new to forums n rc helis. Am having a problem with my storm 450 helicopter n i have no idea whats the source of it. So basically when i am on full throttle, the motor turns very slowly. Can u please tell me what i have to do. Thank you.

Graham Lawrie

Hif4qr00, Welcome to the forum, not many people on who could answer your question, but they will get to it. I am fairly new to Helis myself so i may give you the wrong info. I could suggest a couple of things:
1. Check your motor is not too deep in mesh with the main gear.
2. Is your battery fully charged?
3. Is your ESC connected correctly/faulty?

Have you tried the motor out of the heli and if you have is it doing the same thing?
You could also check your settings on TX which leads to what TX are you using. What system do you have?3gx/gyro etc.
Sorry if i have raised more questions than answers Graham

Westy

LEGEND
Hey There ... Welcome ! ....

Was he heli like that when you got it? what is it like right up to that point. Double check your throttle curve as it may be Zero at full stick :)

If it has started recently, and your settings are fine and there are no other problems with power up to that point, then I would suggest it is the ESC at fault.

murankar

Staff member
Welcome RCH. Normally questions are reserved for the help area for 450 sized helis.

To help out right quick, did you program the ESC for with the throttle end points? If you need help on this post up in the 450 helicopter section.

Again welcome to RCH!

f4qr00

Thanks Graham, i will check the followings n will see what happen. Thanks once again.

- - - Updated - - -

well actually it was n RTF helicopter, everything was ok, my first flight was a disaster, had to change the main shatf , the blades, the main gear n the main rotor holder. everything else was ok

- - - Updated - - -

well actually it was n RTF helicopter, everything was ok, my first flight was a disaster, had to change the main shatf , the blades, the main gear n the main rotor holder. everything else was ok

- - - Updated - - -

well actually it was n RTF helicopter, everything was ok, my first flight was a disaster, had to change the main shatf , the blades, the main gear n the main rotor holder. everything else was ok n did not touch anything else

Lee

Hi,
The fastest way for us to diagnose a problem is video. If you can get a clip of the heli showing what its doing, that will help a lot. Or even some pictures.
1) does the head turn freely? Spin it by hand. It should fee spin for at least a full 360 with stopping abruptly. If it does stop, then you have something in the drive train binding. Check the gear mesh between the pinion and main gear. The tail belt tension, drive gear. Anything that turns basically that could be jamming the system.
2)Check electrical connections. Solder joints. Any bad connection can cause resistance in the system taking power away from the motor.
3) Recalibrate you ESC.
See if any of these things help and bet back to me.

Top Bottom