Hi newbie here

myndset

Yep my son dropped by 2mos. ago and gave me a little 3 channel coaxel. 1 week later I bought a Blade 120 followed by a Blade Msrx. I just ordered an Align trex 450 but I'm still waiting for USPS to deliver. It's been 8 days now and they can't seem to track it. I'm at the point of hoping it won't show up at all cause it will probably be beat to **** from all the miss handling. Seller cant post a claim for 9 days. I'm thinking this will be on him and should make it good right away. At this point I have no reason to think otherwise. Anyway I'm hoping to be building soon. This looks like a killer site.

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Thanks for joining up myndset. You will find the mSR-X is the best helicopter to learn on hands down. It's just stupid hands off stable (this is a good thing lol). This way you can learn orientation and control before you grab ahold of the ccpm heli like the 450. The 120 is also a great helicopter, just larger and not as stable as the mSR but still quite stable.

If you don't have a flight sim, get one. It will be the best investment you can make in this hobby hands down. Stay away from FMS. Bottom end get Clearview (ClearView RC Flight Simulator - Home). It's a great budget sim and I used it for a couple years. From there you can either go with Phoenix or RealFlight. I had RealFlight and it was an amazing sim. I decided on it over Phoenix because of the graphics, but I have the computer to run it. Some don't. However Phoenix is still a great sim and it has a LOT of the heli's that we use here on this site.

As for the 450, I hope it either shows up undamaged or you get a replacement. Depending on who you purchased it from, they should make it right. I know they will want to keep their name clean and usually send it out as soon as they file the claim. Just sucks that you have to wait longer. I have done a lot of videos on building these helicopters (not sure what one you purchased) and I'm sure somewhere in there it will show you exactly how to put it together and set it up. Just be ready for it, they are unstable by nature. Any and all help you need we are here to get you through it. All you have to do is post up in the correct section and we will be right there.

And thanks for the kind words on the site. It's been a year and a half in the making and worth every sleepless hour!

myndset

I apologize as I am kinda new to this forum thing. I replied to your reply (ha ha) but I don't see it here. Anyhow I'm not sure what I'm doing but ,Thank you very much Tony

Adam

Its an awesome place to make friends and learn what works and how it works. Hello from wisconsin

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you hit post reply after you are done. I have found myself typing a page worth of text then forgetting to hit submit and it's all gone lol. Okay, I will admit I have done it more than once. It's all just a part of the way things work with a forum. However it's a great place to hang out to meet new people that are interested in the same things as you are as Adam stated. Just a lot of fun around here.

BOKI

Hi Myndset, This is BOKI I have a 120sr & a Trex450SE which I haven"t flown yet ! I have a guy I met who fly's for Synergy in competition for them setting My Trex 450Se up for me With My DX8 ! Hope he gets it done soon ! He''s been in a few airshows the last month & hasn't had time! Good luck with your flying your 120sr & your trex450 build ! Sounds like fun building a helicopter! Anyway THE Best From BOKI ILLINOIS 2:39 AM . WE have had 35 MPH winds & 15 to 25 MPH winds for weeks! The Synergy pilot I know can fly in all the Hi wind but he says its still more enjoyable when its calm! THE BEST in your new RC career! BOKI Welcome to our SITE!

myndset

Hi Myndset, This is BOKI I have a 120sr & a Trex450SE which I haven"t flown yet ! I have a guy I met who fly's for Synergy in competition for them setting My Trex 450Se up for me With My DX8 ! Hope he gets it done soon ! He''s been in a few airshows the last month & hasn't had time! Good luck with your flying your 120sr & your trex450 build ! Sounds like fun building a helicopter! Anyway THE Best From BOKI ILLINOIS 2:39 AM . WE have had 35 MPH winds & 15 to 25 MPH winds for weeks! The Synergy pilot I know can fly in all the Hi wind but he says its still more enjoyable when its calm! THE BEST in your new RC career! BOKI Welcome to our SITE!

Why thank you BOKI. Yes I flew a little coaxel and its history now. "I got da fever. I can't believe how friendly everyone on this forum seems to be. I'm sure I will make some new friends and learn a ton of info. Thanks bro for your kind words. I'll keep all informed on my build (when ever get the thing he he")

murankar

Staff member
My co-ax is D-E-D, dead also. It is cheaper for me to buy a new one than replace the circuit board on it. I have the mcx and would like to invest in the mcx2 at some point but right now I am focusing on my 450. Anyhow welcome to the site and yes it truly is this friendly on here.

myndset

Make sure you hit post reply after you are done. I have found myself typing a page worth of text then forgetting to hit submit and it's all gone lol. Okay, I will admit I have done it more than once. It's all just a part of the way things work with a forum. However it's a great place to hang out to meet new people that are interested in the same things as you are as Adam stated. Just a lot of fun around here.

I guess if I can't see it I didn't do it right. Did you get my post on the trex 500 question? I think I have it down now. (and I'm going to build a 450, that should be interesting he he). Let me know if you recieved that reply and if not I will send another. Thanks Bro Tony......

Dennis

Lee

:welcome1: Myndset.
Sorry its late. This thread slipped by me. If you need any help just shout.

wolfman76

welcome here from NW indiana close to chicago glad to have you myndset... Don't know a whole lot about helis and planes but what i do know i am always willing to share so if you ever questions what one of might not know there is always someone that does know... And again welcome glad to have you as a member of the RC-HELP family

Tony

Staff member
I guess if I can't see it I didn't do it right. Did you get my post on the trex 500 question? I think I have it down now. (and I'm going to build a 450, that should be interesting he he). Let me know if you recieved that reply and if not I will send another. Thanks Bro Tony......

Dennis

You are correct, if your name is not next to it to the left as you see here on my post, then it did not post to the forum. I have seen times where you have to wait a little bit and if you are on IE, it will ask you if you really want to leave this page, click yes and it should post by refreshing the page. I am looking for the reason but there is nothing on the server that shows an issue so it's just one of those "things" that we are having to do. Thankfully it doesn't happen very much.

As for the 500 post, I have not seen anything from you on this subject but I just got on the forum and I'm just now going through the days posts. If it's in another post, I should find it. If it's supposed to be in here, then I didn't see it.

If you have any questions at all, just ask. I can help you with anything here on this forum and any issue you may be having. If you want to keep it out of public view, you can click on my name to the left and select "Private Message" to send me a PM. I'm more than happy to help however I'm usually only on from 2200-0500 thanks to the hours I work here at the base. But I will answer, I don't ignore members like some of the larger forums. I answer everything! :biggrin1:

Top Bottom