Hi from the land of the long white cloud.

hal9000

I am a recent widower and empty nester who is picking up RC after 25 years, now that I can sort of afford it.

It was Bruce Simpsons Xjet, RCModelReviews and Tony's RC-Help.com YouTube videos that prompted my decision to go flying again.

I have today taken delivery of my first plane, an AXN Cloud Floater along with a Turnigy 9x and FrSky module to compliment the DX6i I bought to do a McGyver mod on my ARDrone.

But typically I got back into this at the start of winter. It's been cold, wet and windy so buggar all flying.

I hope that Bruce gets back to flying at Tokoroa so I can take a day trip down in spring and join in the madcap fun they seem to have.

murankar

Staff member
Welcome back, YouTube has been leading folks back to rc. You found a gem in the rough with rc-help.com. hope to see pics of your new project soon. We love pics and video.

BOKI

Hi Hal9000; This BokI from Illinois its been very hot in Illinois degrees 100 to 107 to 110 above 90 every day ! Crops aren't growing tore our garden wouldn't grow yard burnt up trees have been dropping brown dead leaves just horrible! Winter no snow & March 70 degrees & 80 degrees & April & May just beautiful 70 & 80 but real wind for 3 months! Then the drought came! Anyway Flying weather hasn't been very good most of the time! Just buying My best friends T-rex 450 pro . He is out West with a friend on motorcycles! Hope to have the helicopter in about a month & start learning to fly it! I have a 120sr now & I haven't only flew it a few times! I am just getting into RC now also! Don't want to keep you! Enjoy Flying & Keep The Right Side UP ! BOKI Marseilles Illinois 8:59 AM Tuesday !

hal9000

Thanks guys.

Yes Zandren, after last weeks revalations from Graham Henry one could jest that the match fixing went our way this time :victorious:

Happy to see we have got on the board as far as Olympic medals too.

Lee

Welcome Hal,
I lived in Auckland for 6 months. Love New Zealand. My great grandfather played for the first All Blacks team back in 1905.
Its a shame about the airfield Bruce and the guys lost. Even NZ has the narrow-minded paper pushers. Good luck with your flying.
Lee

BOKI

Hi Lee; Its really hot & dry in Illinois but I hate the cold more! I belong to a club & we have a meeting at our field & we do our business & some of the guys fly if its not windy! Are hangar is a about a 45 to 50 foot wide a nice farm building! We pay a farmer to use the building & we have a nice airfield there also! About 40 miles away is a lake called Lake Depue ILLinois ! We are having a Float Fly & some guys have Huge Float Planes & have been in RC for many years! The usually have food & the public are invited to come & watch! Its a good time even if you aren't flying! Sorry to see you lost your airfield. We have alot of land around but you have to have permission even to walk on it! A nice State Park has a piece of land & a small building with it for all RC people !We have 2 other club Air Fields one 12 miles East & the other 20 Miles South West for RC PLanes & Helicopters! You can meet many nice RC people at these Club airfields. Except You have to join the clubs to FLY! Hope your weather improves! Nice to talk with you & if I can help you out in any way just ask! BOKI 8:42AM Wednesday August 1st Hope you ca Keep The right Side UP Flyin Enjoy flying!

Lee

Hi BOKI, Its not my airfield thats closed, I live in Spain. I fly by myself in a huge field or on the beach, which is 8 miles long and almost empty of people :D

hal9000

Hi guys. Just to let you know Bruce from RCModel Reviews and XJet channels has posted a new video about the situation in Tokoroa.

BOKI, and others, Bruce was part of SWMAC (was because its now SWIM (Inc)). SWMAC used to fly from the Tokoroa Airfield but due to "grumpy old men" in our national RC body they are banned for what appears to be an over reaction to a number of YouTude videos. There's plenty of info floating around if you want to look it up. Googling SWMAC and Tokoroa should lead you there.

Pisses me off a bit really. I am getting back into this hobby and the first thing that happens is that one of the main attractions for getting into RC gets banned. I was looking forward to taking the two hour drive occasionally to go fly with and learn from these guys.

Years ago I turned up to a Rotoact (junior Rotary club) meeting only to be told that the club had folded the week before.

I just get the déjà vu felling here.....

stokke

Welcome!
Good luck getting back in the game! I'm sure there's been some changes the past 25 years - LOL.

BOKI

Hi stokke; I also have just got into RC helicopters now! I am buying a Trex 450 pro from one of My best friends. I should have it in a few weeks I hope. I have a new DX8 & he has one also. He lost the setup to the Trex 450 pro so I will have to find where to get help to set it up! ? It was on his DX7s & he sold it & forgot to transfer the set up to his DX8 ! The weather here is just starting to cool down from 110 to 100 & 75 & 69 degrees ! So I might be able to start flying! But I'll have to get everything set up first ! Hope you have good luck in your new RC career! Talk to you again Soon! BOKI 12:24 PM Friday August 10 th. The Best!

Top Bottom