Hi from Albury NSW Australia

Allan Blyth

Hi folks I am brand new to RC and quad copters ... i am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Eachine Falcon 250 that I ordered a week ago, and I have bought a toy drone from Big W which i have been trying to get a bit of a handle on how these things fly. I have always been a bit of a speed freak riding large motorcycles. When I told my daughter I was getting the quad and she told me i was crazy I told it seemed cheaper and safer than anothert motorcycle LOL

trainrider06

Welcome Allan! Those quads do look fun! I've thought about one also! The FPV stuff looks really fun!
We have a few guys that can help ya with the quad stuff on here for sure!
I sure miss my sport bikes! That acceleration was intense!
:).
Be sure to post up some pix of your quad when you get it!
Heck go to general forum and post some of your bike/bikes I'd love to see em!
Again welcome to RCH!

KLA

Welcome th RCH, Alan. Ditto on the pictures of the bikes. There are a lot of us here that are into motorcycles as well ad RC.

Admiral

Welcome to the forum Allan, when you get a bit of practice you'll have to try FPV, not the sensations of a bike, but still a real buzz.

Stambo

Welcome to the forum Allan.
A good idea to learn to fly a "toy" first.
Quads are not so easy to fly LOS as it's hard to tell the front from the back at distance so don't panic too much if you lose orientation on a regular basis.
When it comes to flying FPV, orientation is not an issue, you fly like you are sitting in the pilots seat.
Sitting being the operative word, take a seat before you try it, trust me. :)
For me and many others, the screen is not the easiest way to fly FPV, goggles are far better when you can afford them.
They give you a far better view and force you to commit to flying FPV rather than looking out at the quad occasionally.
Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, however basic they may seem, we are here to help. :)

Tony

Staff member
Didn't even see this post. Welcome to RCH Allan! When you get a 250 quad, you will realize that what you have learned from the cheap one will be tossed out the window. The 250's are much more powerful, faster and harder to fly (to a point). But that is where we come in and will help you out any way we can.

:welcome1:

Allan Blyth

Thanks for the welcome, the bug seems to have bitten me ... couldn't help myself when i saw the new Eachine Wizard 220 on special $211 @ bg's big birthday bash so I now also have a nice purple quad on the way as well. I really got to stay away from those sites I am like a kid in a candy store. :)

Stambo

Been there, done that, just ordered a couple of Eachine E010 (Tiny Whoop clones) from there for me and my son.
At $15 I couldn't resist. Looks like it takes the same batteries as one of my other Nanoquads that is now deceased.
A micro FPV cam/tx combo may have fallen into my basket at the same time. :)

sneezy007

Welcome to the forum Allen. I've had my eye on the Eachine as well. You'll have to let me know what you think of it.
I just got into FPV this year, it's a lot of fun.

Cheers

Admiral

Hi Allen, I have a brother-in-law at about the same stage you are, bought a small Quad from Jay-Car and also a Slow Stick off a friend of mine he already had a Mode 1 (Throttle on Right) Transmitter from and E-Flite Cub which he planned to use on the the Slow Stick.

He had flown the Cub successfully, but bought the Drone afterwards and has done a lot of flights with that Mode 2 (Throttle on left), ended up I converted his Transmitter to mode 2. So far so good except the other day he asked me to check fly the Slow Stick for him after some repairs, I had to tell him "no can do" I can't fly mode 2 it always ends in tears.

I'm not trying to tell you to go Mode 1 or 2 but suggest that you select one or the other and stick to it, the only argument I have for mode 1 is that most people in Australia fly mode 1, so you have more help available if your going to join a club.
If your just going to fly by yourself it doesn't matter, I started off mode 2 then had a 10 year break and when I came back flew mode 1 because of the club I joined were all mode 1.

Don't want to start a mode 1 & 2 argument, but I'm sure there will be.

Top Bottom