Hi everyone.

3D-Uk

Hi everyone,

Just a quick Hello, Thank you ......and bit about myself.

1st off I have been a 'lurker' on here for a while now, and never really thought about joining as everything i wanted to know had already been asked and answered with great info and video's (Thank you Tony)
But have found myself on here more and more lately, not just for the answers to questions i have, but just to be part of it, reading and enjoying what seems such a helpful and friendly place, so singed up...

I have always been fascinated with helis (real 1's) since i was a kid, growing up in the 70's, 80's RC helis if about back then were not known to me , so grew up on everything else RC - car's , boats , and a go on my uncle's planes now and again..... And getting my heli fix from episodes of Airwolf.. :)

Fast forward to 2000 and i had a bad bike accident and smashed my leg and ankle up, not being the kind to enjoy just laying around and with no internet back then.. I bought a couple of RC model mag's had a flick through and ordered a Kyosho Nexus 30 kit, mostly brought just for the building of it as I'm an engineer and get a buzz out of building stuff and was pretty much all i could do.
Once built and canopy sprayed up I knew i had no clue what to do next with it, so on a shelf it sat for 2 months with engine still in it's box I sold her.
That being my only dabble into RC helis until the beginning of last year when my son turned up with a small 3 channel heli, that was it the fire had been lit again and within a week we had a mcx2 in our hands, next a msr, 120sr, msrx and a Dx6i and now with internet and Phoenix sim we were away flying in no time and i was fully hooked again.
My son like most 18 year olds has found other interests (pub) so left me with all the helis to myself, flying in the garden and on the green outside my house as much as i could and trying to get in as much sim time as possible I have become pretty comfortable with a TX in my hands, progressing from the mcx2 to my 450 3d. Also adding a Mcpx, nano cpx, 130X and 300X to the fleet along the way and loving them all, flying around with a few 'lucky' flips..
I have now got myself (xmas prezzie) an Align Trex 450L Dominator. It's built, just waiting on a pair of Spektrum sats to turn up, then programing the 3Gx, trimming and she should be good to go.... Another big thanks to Tony for his great video's on the 3gx. :notworthy:

So that's where I am now in this super addictive hobby.

Thanks everyone who has unknowingly helped me along the way and got me to where i am now with everything from helis to understanding lipo's and safety....

Mark

EyeStation

Welcome to the surface of the forum. I did a bunch of lurking before I started to join in. You are correct in the entertainment and knowledge content of a lot of these stories around here. And being a long time lurker, you KNOW how we like photos and videos.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Mark, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you signed up. Sounds like you have a pretty large fleet over there, as stated, you are going to have to post pictures of everything! I have always liked the 450L and want one myself, just no money lmao. Story of my life.

As always, if you have a question, all you have to do is ask. We are here to help.

:welcome1:

Lee

Welcome to the forum Mark, from Wiltshire.
Don't lurk, show us you fleet and any videos you may have. :D

3D-Uk

Thanks for the welcome guy's.. :yourock::

The fleet has shrunk since i started but only the little 1's going to make room for bigger 1's.. :chuckles:

I have just done a 'in stages' photo build of the Dominator, once i have gone through um and seen if they work, ill get um up with a few words..

As for videos i'll have to find someone brave & interested enough to film me. :wink:

Thanks again for the welcome & great forum

Mark :)

Top Bottom