Hi All

Jack 59

Hi everyone. I guess I posted my intro on someone else's thread OOPS.
Well I will do it again. I am an old guy teaching myself to fly helis. I have 2 walkera V450D03s, a master cp, and a tarot 450 pro v2. The tarot was my first build. I used a Robird G31 fbl unit and have now only 3 batteries of actual flight. It was rock solid from the get go with the Robird.
As I said I am self teaching and unfortunately don't really know anybody who flies so its a slow go. I started with some 100 sized helis a 922 which I had mastered indoors then on to a genius and a mini but, thy are all too hard to see outside. The Mcp is better but the 450 size is for me the most stable and easiest to stay oriented. I am a rookie flier at best and now with the tarot it is WAY more reactive and responsive than the walkeras. I can deal with that and it will it the long run help me progress to better flying. I really want to be able to do some flips and loops, roll, etc.
I was on track last summer and felt I was progressing. In Sept. I went in for bilateral knee replacement and had a heart attack shortly there after. So, I really haven't flown all winter until just recently and it seem my skills have evaporated and am starting over.
Well I think I rambled on enough so once again, HI to you all and I hope to stay in touch.
Jack

Tony

Staff member
Hey Jack, welcome to Rc-Help! I'm pretty sure the knee replacement is what my step dad had done. And he says it's the best thing he has done. Hope you didn't do too much damage to your heart on that attack. I know all too well what those are about. My family is riddled with heart disease. It's one of the main reason I just quit smoking about a month ago.

As for your hobby, we are here to help in any way that we can. All you have to do is ask! The Tarot is supposed to be a great helicopter. Are you flying flybar, or flybarless? Oh wait, you are using a G31 3 axis gyro. lol. Yeah, I need to learn how to read. You would think I knew since I own this forum hahaha. I'm sure I missed this too, but what Tx are you using?

You will get there in the flying, it just takes time. It took me two years before I pushed myself into forward flight with the 450's.

As for posting in the other thread, no worries. I understand that flying helicopters is not the only thing that members are learning. Most are finding and posting on forums for the first time as well. And again, we are here to help with that as well. All you have to do is ask.

-Tony N.

Barge

Hi Jack, welcome to RC Help, sorry to hear about the heart attack and I hope you have recovered well from that. I've had a few family members that have endured joint replacements and they love the freedom it has given them, you'll be running the 100m in 10sec flat in no time. I'm a greeny heli pilot as well Jack and I have a long long way to go, but I have found the heli the most enjoyable immersion of all my RC adventures, though I must admit that 1/8th scale on road gas cars were up there as well, gee they were quick. It's been quite windy here in Perth so I have been spending most my time on the hex, but hopefully the winds will start backing off soon and then the heli will get a hammering.

The help here is second to none so ask plenty of questions and you are assured to get all the right answers.

Once again welcome aboard and good luck.

Cheers

pvolcko

Welcome aboard, Jack! One of my in-laws recently had a heart attack after getting shoulder surgery. Really fit guy. Surgery just knocked something loose or threw a clot or something. Hope you've recovered.

Lee

Hi Jack,
Welcome to the forum.
Anything you need to know is right here. There are no stupid questions here, so fire away. We are here to help.
Hope you are recovering well.
Happy flying :)

Jack 59

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. The heart attack was very minor so after getting a stent I think I'm all good. My knees are getting there slowly. I signed up here after following CPO's tarot 450 build. It did help and I have to say the feeling of gratification after seeing a heli I built lift off and hover like its on a string or something. I will always be building my own from here on out. Now I just need to learn how to fly.
Jack

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Welcome to the forum, Jack. No time like the present to begin enjoying this great hobby! Glad to have you aboard. We call this a forum but it seems more like a family. Everyone is more than willing to lend a helping hand here. Building is one of my favorite aspects of the hobby as well; however, flying is a lot of fun too!

I wish you all the best in your recovery from your surgeries!

:welcome1:

Graham Lawrie

welcome to the forum from Scotland Jack:) Brilliant hobby you have joined, don't get frustrated, get on here for answers:)

Top Bottom