450 hh mode vs rate mode

the question that i have is a hard one to ask without making myself sound like a noob......... As the title states, it is about hh mode and rate mode. Mechanicaly I know.... what... and ....how..... HH and rate mode works.
In Rate mode i know that it is for basic flying,but what i dont know is ...what HH is really meant for. Im thing HH mode is really for hovering and stunts. Please correct me if Im Wrong

Tony

Staff member
Rate Mode
When your helicopter gets hit with a wind gust and moves the tail, a rate mode gyro will ONLY STOP the movement no matter where it stops the tail, it will just stop it from moving.

Heading Hold Mode
When you think of Heading Hold, think avionics. When you are flying, you are going in a certain "Heading". The same is true for ships as well. In a HH gyro, the gyro knows what the heading is of the helicopter. If you are facing north, or 0º and your tail gets hit by wind and it moves, the gyro will stop the movement AND THEN move the tail back to North or 0º.

Hope this helps.

Lee

Rate is only really used by those guys flying Scale helicopters. It gives the heli more realistic flight characteristics. Everyone else uses Head Hold, whether beginner, or 3D master.

Thanks Lee
That is exactly the reponse that i was looking for, and also was exactly what i thought it was. was just making sure

Top Bottom