General Hey Youtube Helimaniacs.....

Question....

What are you guys using to film flying of your heli flights. What camera, goggles, FPV or set up. I've heard of a 808 as well. My vids suck...lol:kiwi-fruit:

Info please!!!

Tony

Staff member
My latest video in standard definition was done with some old glasses with a hidden camera. They work okay, but the quality is just not there. I'm waiting on these others to come into stock that have HD quality and record in 720p, and cost only $36 I think. Others are using the #11 keychain cam. I have this camera, but it likes to overheat and shuts off and you lose all of your footage. I also have my HD Canon camera that I use for most of my videos, but requires a tripod or someone to shoot the video. Then there is my iphone that I only use when I see something and forgot my good camera lmao.

murankar

Staff member
I have an sanyo xacti mini hand help that I tripod. It has the ability to do 1080i/p and uses a high speed sd card, mine has a class 10 4 gig card that manages about 30 minutes of footage. I love it since I can custom white balance the camera. that is a big deal to me, when it's sunny out and you film/photograph something in the sun it will have a blue cast to the final product. with custom white balance you can eliminate that without software. makes for easier post processing without spending a bunch of cash on the software that does correcting for you. for stills just look at my signature.

Top Bottom