Hey guys

Hey all. I found this forum a while back but only registered recently. My handle kind of reflects how I feel about my flying, or lack thereof. I have had mixed success with flying so far. I didn't crash it the first time out, so I thought I was better than I really was. :D I was very nervous the entire time -- I'm much more relaxed on the sim and flying my micros (Champ and Vapor) than I am my 40" trainer (built from plans out of foam board). Second time out I destroyed it and had to rebuild it.

murankar

Staff member
we all have been there at one time or another. Welcome to the sight and 'bout time you signed up.

Thanks. I'm visiting Keller this week and today I drove over to Aero Hobbies in Lewisville since I had seen Gaba post about it in a thread. Man that place is awesome! Will have to pay them a visit any time I am down here. We picked up some parts for my son's 250 to tighten it up a bit. They pretty much had every 250 part in there, unlike my hobby shop which has about 8 things, none of which he needed.

murankar

Staff member
That's a 3.5 hour drive for me. it's not worth the trip unless it's a goblin or 700 Compass that I am picking up. I went to there fun fly and I have pics posted in the pictures section just search down a ways it was around oct nov time frame.

Funny you say that - there was a really nice Compass 700 hanging from the ceiling there today. About $1000 with no motor or servos. Man these things are expensive. :) I definitely wouldn't drive 3.5 hours to go to a hobby shop. I only drove 9 hours to get to this one. Well I didn't exactly come down here for the hobby shop. :D

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum. No matter what the issue, there is someone here that can help you out. All you have to do is ask.

:welcome1:

Lee

Welcome dude. We'll get you in the air. Everyone was at that stage of nervous flying in the beginning. I remember when my fingers use to shake when flying my heli.

BOKI

FlightlessBird; Welcome to the site just don't give up & you will start to improve! Dave Talk to you again soon I hope!

canongraphy

Hi flightlessbird, you have been here longer than me but hey glad you're here!
heres your sign!
:welcome1:
Don't feel too bad dude, I bought a 450 plus, put training wheels on it and wacked it good against a pile of skids..it hardly left the ground before I tore it up.
it happens, but can usually be rebuilt to as new again.
relax and have fun! and simulator is by far the best investment!
nice to meet ya on the best site on the web!
cya around!
Jeff

Top Bottom