Misc Hexa help

kason

I have a hexa from Mikrokopter. I bought it about three years ago, and have of yet been able to see it fly. I had help with the build, because of the problems I have with my hands shaking. The gentlemen that did the soldering, dose it professionally, for guidance systems for military missiles. So I had confidence in his work. According to the diagnostics, I have a BL board that is bad. OK How do I tell which one is it? I have had some rough years, with the loss of my son, and my wife fighting cancer, plus some other :):):):). So now I would like to get back to trying to get this in the air. The last try, all motors reved up, but it failed to lift off. I think this is when I burned out the board. I am in the learning stages so any help would be greatly appreciated. Please be kind, LOL

Lee

Had a brief look at this machine.
Looks like the ESCs and Power distribution board are an all in one piece.
If one of the ESCs is not functioning, I don't know how you would replace just the one.
I would send an email to Mikrocopter asking for some advice, as thats very much a brand specific piece.
Sorry I can't give you better advice.
Good luck.

kason

Lee, thanks for your help anyways. I can order them separately, but Im not sure which one is bad, or how to tell for sure. They all look the same and I don't know how to test them.

Lee

No worries mate.
How do you know one is bad?
If you start up the motors the bad esc should show up by not turning the motor i would think.

kason

I will have to try it again to check, but if memory serves me right, the last time I tried to start it, none of them would turn. That's when I put it on the computer and found out the BL was bad. However It has been awhile so I could be mistaken. Ill try it , you might be right, for me it cant be that easy. LOL Nothing ever is. Thanks. Ill let you know if it works out that way. If so, then I am a dumb a#$s. I hope you are right.

EyeStation

Here's an interesting page.
http://www.mikrokopter.us/shop/trans-kit-hexa-transistor-kit-for-hexa
They sell replacement transistors for the ESC's.
To Test: Best bet to isolate them electrically from the others in parallel. I would imagine a quick resistance check to the input power of each of those ESC's making sure it is not shorted before powering it up.
If shorted, check that big cap first.
If all the inputs check approximately the same, I would start to power them up one at a time to check for the motor spinning, (Without props of course!). The bad ESC could have one of these transistors. A telltale sign is the a "wet" stain, or small blister on the bad transistor.
Hexa%20instructionsled2-500x500.jpg

Hexa%20instructionsled1-500x500.jpg

Last edited:

kason

EyeStation, Thanks, so much I will check to see if there is any thing noticeable on them. I had a chuckle about the prop advice, I learned that the hard way. I was lucky and didn't get hurt, but learned a lesson that I wont repeat. The information you have given will help. Thanks so much. Fly Safe

Top Bottom