Misc Hexa F550 & F450 bad day

WyDiablo

I assembled the 600 TVL camera and the hero3 Black to the hexa and then tried everything out last weekend to make sure everything was working correctly and bout cameras and goggles worked fine. Well this morning I was getting ready to fly and after putting the goggles on I had no video. As a matter of fact the goggles would not even turn on and that's with a full charged battery. So I disconnected the 600TVL camera and connect the gopro to the tx and I had the same thing happen. Well I still flew around some with the F550 for a while. Then I spooled up the F450 and after about 2 mins of flying I lost orientation and piled the F450 into the ground CARP. So I got mad and drove home to discharge the rest of the batteries. Well while flying the F550 in the front yard about 4 or 5 feet off the ground it made a sharp dive to the left. I was able to recover and land without crashing and then noticed that I only had 4 motors spinning CARP CARP. Talk about MADDDD I was about to blow a cork for sure. This really turned out to be a bad day. But if those 2 motors on the F550 had cut out earlier when it was about 60 feet up it would have really been bad. I guess I'll have to open the goggles again and see if there is any thing visiably wrong I really had when this crap happens. First thing that came to my mind was SELL SELL. LOL

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
wow!....sorry, to here that, hope the repairs wont be to $$$. I know your pain, I've come this close to selling my 500 several times, the only thing keeping me back from it, was it wasn't worth very much at all.

WyDiablo

Yea, I sold a Trex 500 and 450 a while back and took a really big lost on the sale. But with the birds that I had I knew it was going to get costly to keep them all in the air. I plan was to have only one multirotor but now I have two and I have been thinking about getting another (<<<crazy man) lolo. But after today I might get rid of the ones that I have now lol. This really sucks ans sucks bad. I can't understand what has happened. One week ago everything worked great and they were not used until today and now nothing works. But after some really hard thinking I believe that its my videos goggles only that's my problem.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
Yea, I sold a Trex 500 and 450 a while back and took a really big lost on the sale. But with the birds that I had I knew it was going to get costly to keep them all in the air. I plan was to have only one multirotor but now I have two and I have been thinking about getting another (<<<crazy man) lolo. But after today I might get rid of the ones that I have now lol. This really sucks ans sucks bad. I can't understand what has happened. One week ago everything worked great and they were not used until today and now nothing works. But after some really hard thinking I believe that its my videos goggles only that's my problem.
it's always that way...only one helicopter...NOT...then slowly the pile of birds gets a little larger, and keeps growing. well hope everything is repairable without to much $$$

WyDiablo

I had all the spares to fix the F450 no problem there it was just 2 broke arms and 4 broke props. The fat shark goggles were a big puzzle I took the goggles apart and made sure that the connection plugs were tight and I could not find any loose plugs. I put the goggles back together and bingo they started working normally. Dunno what the heck I did but I did something. Now all I need to do is figure out why I only had 4 motors working instead of 6 the other day. I think its the bullet connectors but we will see soon.

Tasajara

Hope all turns out well for you..

I had one of those days too..... I was just flying the Hexa in the back yard testing a few things... ( had an old battery on it) the red light came on so I knew I was at the first protection stage.
I thought I could fly just a bit longer... I was wrong.. The old battery got me. It dropped to the second stage faster than I expected. Failsafe took over... I was saying this is bad this is bad this is bad.. Oh @#$% this is really BADDDD..
It climbed out 80 ft then started to return to home, Bad thing was home was under a tree. It missed all the limbs on the was up.... But on the return it hit a limb at 70ft and then came crashing down... It was an ugly site. Good thing is I attached my landing gear with nylon screws so they popped right off with out damage. The camera gimble has rubber bushings they popped off saving the gimble. Being the frame is a DJI it made it with out breaking at all. All I lost was 2 Graupner props that were chopping the limbs on the way down. I was very lucky... Note to self never fly to cutoff under trees. LOL the other time I was testing FailSafe I forgot I plugged my Hexa in the back of my truck on the tail gate.. So when it got over my truck I went oops, in my truck bed is home.. Had to abort that test being I have a camper shell on my truck...

Last edited:

WyDiablo

Well everything is fixed except the 2 motors on the F550 and I need to redo the bullet connectors I think I have a cold solder joint in both motor connections. Then just maybe I can do some FPV flying without a lot of carp happening.

WyDiablo

Ok right now everything is back to normal I hope. F550 cold solder joints fixed all motors spool up at the same time. And the arms and props replaced on the F450. Now gotta wait for next weekend to hopefully have some fun.

WyDiablo

Just gotta figure out why the battery cables are getting hotter than normal. I think its a bad connections. Gonna change one out with bullet connectors and see if that makes a difference.

Top Bottom