Hex Socket Head Drivers

RMB677

Since there doesn't seem to be an area for tools I figured this heading as good as any.

In assembling my Trex 450 there are 0# x 4mm socket button head screws. The allen wrenchs supplied with the kit are good for one use only. I'd like to get the proper size driver for these screws for when I need it. The set I have goes down to 1.5 mm. I'm not sure if these screws take a 1.3 mm or 0.9 mm driver. My calipers are english not metric so I can't measure and convert with the needed accuracy.

murankar

Staff member
You will need:
.050 for the canopy mounting post
1.5mm (X2)
2.0 mm
2.5mm (possibly)

The is a chance you will need a #0 and #1 cross tip (Phillips) screwdriver. You may also want a couple nut drivers also.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it's a .050" driver. If you watch my build of the Losi 22SCT, I show what I'm using. I'm using two different Align nut drivers, but I like the HOT00002 more than I do my other one. However, it doesn't come with the .050" that you need. Here is a search for this driver on amainhobbies.com. Remember though, this is a very small tip and they will break quite easily.

Products Matching .050 - A Main Hobbies

RMB677

I ordered a 1.3 mm (= 0.05"). At first I thought you both, or as we say down here "y'all", were referring to a 0.05mm which would be a piece of wire. It didn't come to me till I was checking for one and I saw it listed as 1.3 - .05. I may never need it again but if I do I'll have it.

Top Bottom