Misc Hex and Quad crash Video!

Whirlybird

I know many of you follow Dave Herbert (Nightflyyer). Here is his latest video of crashing with himself. The DJi Phantom Quad has a GPS function where you can lock it into a hover position and it will stay there hands off. Dave puts this up, and then buzzes it with various aircraft. The Aerosky Hexacopter has a fatal collision with the Quad, which miraculously is unphased.

I guess in this case more is not "merrier" :yikes:

Mid-Air Crash of DJi Phantom Quad and Big Aerosky Hexacopter with onboard video. - YouTube

Lee

Those DJIs are strong machines. It fell a long way, and only the props got damaged.

Whirlybird

Those DJIs are strong machines. It fell a long way, and only the props got damaged.

Aaaaaaa........ The DJI wasn't the one that crashed . . . That was the "Hex" Aerosky :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm amazed how the Quad was hardly phased and just hung in the sky taking video :dunno:

Lee

Well the aerosky must be a copy, cause it looks exactly the same as a DJI 550 Hexa. Unless DJI copied Aerosky :D But there are tonnes of DJI copies of this model, from HK and RCTimer.

Whirlybird

That's interesting Lee, cause the DJI in the video, is the quad . . . But yeah there is a lot of copying in this hobby. Not a lot of regulation in China I suppose.

Tasajara

He was lucky it didn't do more damage...

Yeah it does look just like my DJI F550...
As said there are tons of clones...

01- x468.JPG

01- x468.JPG

Top Bottom