Quad Here come my first project

Touchoco

View attachment Capri-quadri.pdf

I'm done with the first step: choosing devises.
I would like to know what you think about this.
And I hope that maybe it will one day help someone.

Thank you for helping me :)

Your french girl

- - - Updated - - -

I have quoted some of you : Tony and Stambo by my memory.
Tell me if it bother you. I will delete it.

Tony

Staff member
Wow, that starts out really well then gets quite technical lol. Great paper though even though I'm sure it's not done yet. As always, if you have other questions, we are always happy to help.

And I don't mind being quoted at all. Thanks for that!

Admiral

Your project has created a great blueprint for any novice starting out with quadcopters to work from, I particularly liked the discussion on building you own ESC, I'm glad you did not go that path, but it was a valid option.

Keep up the good work and good luck with the second phase.

Stambo

Very well written and researched although I fear your battery specification may be a bit on the low side.
It will be ok for learning but once you get used to flying it you may find it lacking in performance.
I would suggest a higher C rating.
1300mah x 25c / 1000 = 32.5 amps available when battery is fully charged.
As battery level drops, so does available amps.

Also with this setup you will probably fall short of your 10 minute flight time target.

Touchoco

Well ^^ I'm relieved to know that you find it good ^^
I just hope it will fly 5 minutes.
I will probably have many over question when I will begin to program it and maybe even before that ^^
I don't know what's better between an high C or an high mah. What is it about that?

Touchoco, your French girl

PS: Touchoco because
- tout = every,
- choco = chocolate
- I love chocolate ^^

Tony

Staff member
A high C rating will allow you to draw more amps out of the battery without the battery getting hot. You do NOT want a lipo getting hot. Warm is okay, but hot is bad. MAH is going to be your run time, but the higher you go, the more weight you add to the battery as well. The same is true about C rating, but not as much. ,

Tony

Staff member
A higher voltage will give more speed, however your electronics will need to be able to handle the extra voltage.

SIXFOOTER

The voltage ratings are right on most of the components, or at least in the documentation on them.
Your paper was very well done and as stated up thread is a good blueprint for any beginner.
Well Done

Tony

Staff member
The cc3d can handle from 4.8 to +15 volts DC. It's the ESC's and the motors you have to worry about. They should say on their spec sheet if they can handle the voltage.

Tasajara

Your Controller works off of the BEC of one of your esc's 5volt output at 1 to 1.5 amps most of the time. Unless you use a stand alone BEC to power your cotroller and RX.
ESC's need to be rated 2-4s to run the 4s setup. It will be faster but flight times will be shorter, Less than 5 min if you really punch it.

BTW nice write up very well thought out. That was how I got started lots of reading and asking questions, I can still ask questions all the time always learning.
This is a great forum, a lot of ppl to answer the questions we have all asked before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom