Endless

I open my drone battery because i wanna upgraded the battery.. Then i put them back together but Then i got careless.. I forgot to look at the positive and negative i put it opposite.. I put it in the drone then it spark.. Then i correct the positive and the negative back.. Then i put it in the drone back praying i didnt broke it... Then i tried to fly it.. The rotor some wont spin.. Almost all.. Then i know i f...ed up..

I need help.. Is there any way that i can fix my Syma X8sw Drone... I just got it few days ago.. Why... :')

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like this quad doesn't have reverse polarity protection. If it doesn't, then you will need to either order another FC for the quad and put it in, or just get a new quad.

Endless

Sounds like this quad doesn't have reverse polarity protection. If it doesn't, then you will need to either order another FC for the quad and put it in, or just get a new quad.

Can rc shop help me repair it or something? How much does it cost? The FC.. Is it only the FC short or more?

Tony

Staff member
I have no idea. I"m not sure what kind of hobby shops you have over there and without it here in front of me to test, I have no way of knowing if it is just the FC or if it took the ESC's with it as well.

Endless

I have no idea. I"m not sure what kind of hobby shops you have over there and without it here in front of me to test, I have no way of knowing if it is just the FC or if it took the ESC's with it as well.

If i replace the ESC and the FC.. Is the receiver frequency stays?.. Or do I have to get another new and same frequency Remote Controller.. :/

Tony

Staff member
First thing you need to do is take the quad apart and see if you can find the circuit that popped. Once you find that, then you will know what to replace.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Keith, I tried looking for a parts page and couldn't find one. Didn't have that long to search though lol. Thanks for posting.

Endless

is this normal? looks like a liquid.. i dont know if that was from the short effect...

Attachments

• P80106-195502[1].jpg
    P80106-195502[1].jpg
    266 KB · Views: 6

Endless

First thing you need to do is take the quad apart and see if you can find the circuit that popped. Once you find that, then you will know what to replace.

What do you mean? be "see if you can find the circuit that popped" how does popped circuit looked like??

Tony

Staff member
The "wet" looking stuff should just be flux used when soldering. However, this is the Chinese way it seems, just glob it on there everywhere. Very messy. You can check this with your fingernail. It should chip off pretty easy.

And a popped circuit would be a capacitor, transistor, FET or any other circuit that has released the magic smoke. I don't see anything on that board though, but I don't have it sitting here in front of me either.

Endless

Yea i know what you mean now... Can't i just replace the circuit board??

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-01-06 at 11.09.52 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-01-06 at 11.09.52 PM.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 6
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-01-06 at 11.09.53 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-01-06 at 11.09.53 PM.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 6

Tony

Staff member
Of course you can, and that is likely the main issue as Keith stated above. But me being me I have to know the cause of the failure. Sorry about that lol. But yea, you can replace the board and see if that cures the issue.

Tony

Staff member
Just looked at your pictures and yup, you popped a diode. Those are basically one way check valves for electricity (DC Current) and when you reverse the polarity, they kind of act like a circuit breaker. They are actually used to keep things like motors from back feeding power back into the board. But yup, that is your issue right there. If you had a surface mount capacitor laying around, you could probably just replace it and it would work again. But, replacing the board is a lot easier lol. l

Endless

Just looked at your pictures and yup, you popped a diode. Those are basically one way check valves for electricity (DC Current) and when you reverse the polarity, they kind of act like a circuit breaker. They are actually used to keep things like motors from back feeding power back into the board. But yup, that is your issue right there. If you had a surface mount capacitor laying around, you could probably just replace it and it would work again. But, replacing the board is a lot easier lol. l

Yeaa lol... ikr plus im not so good at soldering.. plus im not so good at repairing things.. everything i touch might broke :") soo yea hopefully rc shop here have my Syma x8sw c.board..

btw thank you Tony :)

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure. I apologize for letting my tech side take over on this one. Keith was right (as he usually is lmao) when he said to just replace that board. And you may find it easier to just order it from the internet. Your shops over there may be different from what we have here, but over here they don't usually carry stuff like that.

Top Bottom