450 Help With Trex 450 Dfc With Radio Spektrum Dx6

olensky recio

Hello everyone I am new around here I bought a used t-rex 250 and 450 dfc in the Hobby shop, I also bought a spektrum dx6 radio I have always used futaba Can someone help me to program my helicopters with my spektrum dx6 radio. I was 10 years out of the hobby, I'm integrating again.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1:olensky. This might help. It's not the DX6 but the DX6i. DX6 is the newer version but the same thing. Check it out.

olensky recio

20200804_144707.jpg 20200804_144652.jpg 20200804_144608.jpg

Well, well, all my parts have arrived and my pitch gauge also here I am going to put a photo where we started Thank you all very much. The first question is what model is my heli? I need to download the parts manual!

olensky recio

Well, I have just started and problems are never absent, this 3g system is new for me, does it have an integrated receiver? it supports dx6, I can't find a way to bind with my spektrum radio.

Attachments

• 1597351884177.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Now we know the problem, it's a 3-G X. It's a hit an miss with those unit. Tony would explain the headaches :scratchchin:

Tony

Staff member
I felt a disturbance in the force.....

I'm going to say this first, save your money and get something better. Support for the 3GX is gone and is never coming back. The MicroBeast is awesome and is what I replaced my units with.

With that said, I know that money does not grow on trees. So....

First thing, connect that gyro up to a computer and get the software for 2.1, and put that firmware on the gyro. Yes, it is missing some features, but it is the most stable. You can get the software and firmware at the link below. Also, this link has some videos for the gyro as well.

Align 3GX Gyro | Rc-Help Forum

Part 1 will likely solve most of the issues you are having. You will need either a full receiver with the wires, or you will need some satellites. Since you are using a 6ch Tx, you really should use the full receiver as it will put the gyro gain on channel 5. If you run satellites only, it will put the tail gain on channel 7, which you don't have.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

olensky recio

Holy God!! How many problems, I think it is better to buy a kit of a t-rex 450 or a HK 450, someone will have one around here to sell me.?
I felt a disturbance in the force.....

I'm going to say this first, save your money and get something better. Support for the 3GX is gone and is never coming back. The MicroBeast is awesome and is what I replaced my units with.

With that said, I know that money does not grow on trees. So....

First thing, connect that gyro up to a computer and get the software for 2.1, and put that firmware on the gyro. Yes, it is missing some features, but it is the most stable. You can get the software and firmware at the link below. Also, this link has some videos for the gyro as well.

Align 3GX Gyro | Rc-Help Forum

Part 1 will likely solve most of the issues you are having. You will need either a full receiver with the wires, or you will need some satellites. Since you are using a 6ch Tx, you really should use the full receiver as it will put the gyro gain on channel 5. If you run satellites only, it will put the tail gain on channel 7, which you don't have.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

thanks Tony!

Tony

Staff member
What kind of issue are you having with the 250? I don't actually own one of these,but the main shaft replacement should be pretty straight forward.

Tony

Staff member
Should just be a bolt through the main gear and a bolt through the head block and you should be able to remove the head and shaft. Replace with Align, not a knock off as they are not hardened or straight.

Top Bottom