Prop Help With Sport Cub S

Herreric

Just getting into the hobby, bought this sport cub s second hand. The previous owner claimed that it didn’t have any issues before shipping. Ailerons only extend fully to the left, when going right they only move 20% of the way. Secondly, when the throttle is engaged I can hear the motor trying to work. But, when I touch the prop, it starts to move. I can control how much power, until it stops then it does the same again. I have programmed and reprogrammed my dx6i three times, once via the manual, once from a form post, and finally from a YouTube video. I have also tried using 3 different batteries also. Attached is a video of the issues. Worst case, I return it to the eBay seller and buy another

ttps://youtu.be/VCyk9pNBh4c

Admiral

Hi Herreric, welcome to the forum, in your case those are tough questions because you are just starting out, the issues seem minor to anyone that's been flying for a while but can turn a beginner off the hobby.
Firstly you have learnt that buying second hand you are often buying other peoples problems, I do buy used helicopters but always strip them down and check, clean oil and loctite.
You motor could be binding on something, have a faulty ESC or be worn out.
Your ailerons should only be a matter of adjustment either physical on the linkages or travel in the DX6i servo adjustment.

Do you have anybody local who are experienced flyers, maybe a local club, they are always ready to welcome beginners and help them.

Top Bottom