Spektrum Help with NEW DX8

yardner

Check it out !!! Went out and picked up this new DX8 ....

C98D329F-BD4D-4501-B737-5E9526F65512-5233-0000077F8ADC1060_zpsff073adf.jpg

But i'm having problems with getting it set up.
1st i went and binded and set it up for my MCP-X. every thing went well and its flying well.

then i went and binded and set it up for my T Rex 450 Pro.
it took me a while but i got everything working (3GX ) servos, swash, pitch. 0* at mid stick went through whole DIR setup.
then i set up the 3GX and got everything set, gyro, tail gyro direction working properly.

??? But the tail aint right!!! Real Bad Tail wag.. as soon as i lift off the skids it starts getting the bad tail wag. used the same gyro settings that i used in the DX6, which were Gyro rate 65.0%
moved them down a little and no effect.!!!
did i do something wrong setting up the 3GX ? i thought that maybe i dialed in some sort of delay? but i just checked and its set for 450 size and don't think i added and kind of delay into it.
Or did i miss something in setting up the New DX8?
The Pots are set at ELE gain 110 / AIL gain 110

so what am i missing???
really like the DX8 but i'm kinda bumbed that i can't figure this out:apologetic:

Thanks,

- - - Updated - - -

Tony, sorry if this post is in the wrong Forum.
you can move it if you like. but the 450 forum is where a usually hang out at. Thanks

C98D329F-BD4D-4501-B737-5E9526F65512-5233-0000077F8ADC1060_zpsff073adf.jpg

Tony

Staff member
You need to go down to about 45% on the gyro gain in the DX8. 65% in the DX6i is only 32.5% on the DX8. Also, if you are running satellites only, you need to use Aux2 for the gyro gain, not the gear channel. If you are using a Rx WITH the 3GX, then you use the Gear channel. Hope this helps.

Tony

Staff member
I did go ahead and moved this thread to the Spektrum forum since it's more of a Tx issue than a helicopter issue.

yardner

You need to go down to about 45% on the gyro gain in the DX8. 65% in the DX6i is only 32.5% on the DX8. Also, if you are running satellites only, you need to use Aux2 for the gyro gain, not the gear channel. If you are using a Rx WITH the 3GX, then you use the Gear channel. Hope this helps.

Ok, moved gyro gain down to 45%, changed gyro gain to Aux2 on TX.
IT Worked !!!

the tail is, I don't know how to describe it, STIFF? when i rotate it, when i comes to a stop its real jerky, maybe kind of bounces back a little?
does the gain need to be lowered some more?

But what ever, Hey Thanks alot TONY, you got me on the way and up in the air, again...

Tony

Staff member
Yes, it sounds like you need to lower the gain just a bit more. The tail should stop and hold with very little bounce back. Glad I could help.

Top Bottom