Misc Help with motors

WyDiablo

I disassembled a motor that I thought had a bad bearing but I can't find anything wrong with it now. I spool up the 5 remaining motors at about 1/3 thro and I have 2 that get warm to the touch and the rest are cool to the touch. The esc's are warm but not hot. And the battery wires are cool to the touch now since I redone the battery wiring. I thought sure that when I removed the bearing I would be able to tell right off if it was bad are good. Another thing every now and then it makes a clicking noise. Not constant but just every now and then. I figure its my esc timing if I"m correct but that's something I can't do any thing about because they have the simonK flashed software.

Lee

Some motors don't play nicely with the simonK ESCs, but only the pancake style motor. This doesn't tell you why only two motors are hot. Try swapping one hot motor with one cool one to see if its the motor or the esc causing the temp difference.

WyDiablo

Thanks Lee I will try that right now. Well they are not as warm as they were earlier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom