Help With Futaba Attack 4 Fp-t4nbl Am75

Tyler

In need of help acquired hobby rc boat hand made needs work and I need help big on the hobby but dont have answers on this one

Was an older man's he passed last year I got the boat from my landlord
Looking to restore this craft as many hours and much love has gone into it in memory of him I wish to reinstate this vessel

Did diagnostic check
Motors run servo arms move
Issue is
When DPS is on I get repetition on Rutgers
And have no control via remote only direct power works batteries work upgraded them to lipo 7v 900 mah from 6v alkaline
Want to know if my issue is the reciever it's only 25.095 mhz and servos twitch as soon as recievers conected

Attachments

• 20190826_143404.jpg
    20190826_143404.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
First thing, make sure the crystals match. And the ONLY reason I'm saying that is because you are doing this rebuild in his memory. Otherwise, I would advise you to put a new, 2.4GHz Tx in it. If the crystals are the same and in their respective places (rx in the receiver and tx in the transmitter), then try a different set of crystals. They do go bad. If that doesn't fix the issue, and honestly you should do this first, make sure your polarity is correct. I know you said the servos move, but they can move with reverse polarity as well. But reverse polarity can destroy electronics, so definitely check that first.

Tyler

First thing, make sure the crystals match. And the ONLY reason I'm saying that is because you are doing this rebuild in his memory. Otherwise, I would advise you to put a new, 2.4GHz Tx in it. If the crystals are the same and in their respective places (rx in the receiver and tx in the transmitter), then try a different set of crystals. They do go bad. If that doesn't fix the issue, and honestly
FUTUBA -Attack-4 FP-T4NBL AM.75
Trans Tx 65 .. hz
FUTUBA - IC FP-R2G
Receiver Rx 14 .. 27.095Mhz
As for Crystal's I'm not sure where to start

Attachments

• 20190827_161519.jpg
    20190827_161519.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20190827_161542.jpg
    20190827_161542.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 2

Tony

Staff member
Finding crystals is going to be quite hard now days. Even I am having a hard time even finding info on that Tx setup. Maybe @rdsok can help out a bit here since he is a futaba guy.

Tyler

Trans Tx 65 .. hz
FUTUBA - IC FP-R2G
As for Crystal's I'm not sure where to start
Did some inspecting and understand where your co.ing from I'll try the Crystal's first
Is there a way to link external motherboards
Finding crystals is going to be quite hard now days. Even I am having a hard time even finding info on that Tx setup. Maybe @rdsok can help out a bit here since he is a futaba guy.
I thought that may be an issue
Is there a way I could just link the servos to a newer Rx by changing connectors as I'm not sure if they would be compatible with the newer rx lol I'm pretty sure this setup is several years old
Great part is not floats
Motor runs and so do servos as well as remote hold power lmao
Had take a few lipos I had laying around and rigged them to the boat not a fan of non rechargeable

I'm up to do anything to get this bad boy going
More of a rebirthing rebuild
Get it back on the water for a maiden voyage itll be a long time before I locate Crystal's but vmcan do upgrade till then no point in fossing the idea

If you have any tips to make a reliable modern set up that would last I happy to oblige

Tony

Staff member
Is there a way to link external motherboards
I don't know what this means, can you be a little more specific?

As for putting in another Rx, you can do that, but you will also have to get another Tx to match it. And if you are going to do that, I would highly suggest 2.4GHz. Way safer.

RandyDSok

Hey now... I'm not that old... LMAO

By the time I got into RC... using crystals was pretty much a dead deal because the radio's were starting to use synthesized tx/rx modules. With that said...

So I'm suspecting that your transmitter and receiver are not matched so they can't "talk" with each other. We know the TX is an AM 75Mhz... the channel it is using is unknown but the crystal in it, should say what that is. The receiver would then need to be the same modulation ( AM ) and frequency as well as the same channel.

The following is complete speculation but it is based on what was provided...

Trans Tx 65 .. hz

That seems to indicate it is a 75Mhz AM band using channel 65

FUTUBA - IC FP-R2G

That looks like it is using 27Mhz AM band and channel 3... the channel is based on the actual frequency of 27.095. The 27Mhz band had 6 channels in the USA. The color code for that would be orange.

So I'm guessing that the transmitter and receiver were for different RC models and were not an actual set.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Wow, I can't believe I missed that HUGE issue. I didn't even see that one was AM and the other was FM.

THAT! is why your stuff isn't working, it's not the correct Rx for the Tx or vise versa.

RandyDSok

Back in that era... It was normal you had a different TX/RX for each model... So it wouldn't be unheard of if the parts got a little mixed up later.

Top Bottom