Boats Help with Dx4e no throttle

jakz

Hi, like ive said before I don't know a lot about rc electronics but im trying to learn as much as i can before I ask this questions but i havent been able to work this one out i even asked hobbyking directly but they tell me they don't know about the Dx4e, first of all i bought some things for my first boat so I don't have anything else to test thing on. I know the ESC and motor work so:

first and most important question.

Can i use this transmitter for a boat? the left stick has no spring its a mode 2/4 model from a supercub

If that's a yes (i really hope it is) please continue reading

So I bought for my boat:

hobbyking 50A esc w/program card

turnigy 2842-2800KV motor

orange R618-XL 6ch receiver

I had:

spektrum dx4e

11.1V 1300mAh LiPo

servos

a. I connected the receiver and bind it to the tx without a problem

b. I can control servos on any channel BUT NOT in the throttle ch

c. the Esc doesn´t even arm on the thro ch

thanks in advance guys

best regards

Jake

Tony

Staff member
Can you use the 4e for surface, yes, but you really shouldn't. There are two different kinds of transmitters out there. one for surface, and one for air. The 4e is made for air.

With that said though, I don't think the ESC is seeing a low throttle signal. Try lowering the trim all the way down on the throttle and see if it arms.

If that doesn't work, then turn the Tx on and raise it to full throttle. Plug in the ESC and wait for the first set of beeps. Once you hear them, lower the throttle all the way down. This should initialize the ESC and you should have throttle control.

RandyDSok

In addition... if you set the throttle end points as mentioned... make sure you don't have a prop or other on when you are setting it so you don't get hurt accidently. In most cases, it won't spin up but it's better to be safe than sorry.

tntpoof

No to use of this radio for boat
spektrum makes a marine specific radio

or a DSR will work

reverse Th channel make sure end points are at 100
no trim is set.. try that

Top Bottom