600 Help with 550e dfc

RJB

I have q 550dfc upgraded the gears to red and main and tail gears,I put motor on and put it against the gear and when powering up the motor starts to spin and then dies down and goes up to speed then powering down wot is going on can any one help please

RJB

Yes it was working OK with the old white gears on thought I would upgrade the gears the white is 112 teeth on main gear upgrade is 118,running it on dx9 just will not run right starts up then powers down and up again thought about putting on belt instead upgrades 50pounds or more want am I doing wrong

RJB

What speed controller and radio are you using? Was it ok before the upgrade?
Was running fine thought I would upgrade, the main gear is 112 old one new is 118,when powering up it starts then drops in rpm then picks up upgrades cost 50 or more ,just do not no want to do ,do I need to change the pin on motor, I am new to this.thankyou Richard

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Strange... 550DFC is a pretty old model but a nice one. Not sure what could have changed. I assume it’s a CC Talon 90? Are you sure your battery is charged? Just asking the obvious. Loosen the motor and pull it away from the main gear and see if it changes maybe.
T

RJB

Strange... 550DFC is a pretty old model but a nice one. Not sure what could have changed. I assume it’s a CC Talon 90? Are you sure your battery is charged? Just asking the obvious. Loosen the motor and pull it away from the main gear and see if it changes maybe.
T
I did that when I go back to old gears on main and it runs fine,and yes esc90t,the new gear is putting to much load in the pin and then its up and down on power. That's with the blades off thankyou for your help in this only difference is old 112 new 118

Smoggie

Did you adjust the gear mesh so that there was just a very slight play between the motor pinion and the main gear? It's very important that there is a little play, if the gears mesh very tightly then that could explain your problem.
Also check that the pinion is compatible. The 118t gear was meant to be used with a special matching pinion. There is a clear warning given with that gear 'Must use with Pinion Gear 14T (H60G006XXT)'.

I'm not even sure that the 118t gear can be used on the 550, it was meant for the 600 only

RJB

Did you adjust the gear mesh so that there was just a very slight play between the motor pinion and the main gear? It's very important that there is a little play, if the gears mesh very tightly then that could explain your problem.
Also check that the pinion is compatible. The 118t gear was meant to be used with a special matching pinion. There is a clear warning given with that gear 'Must use with Pinion Gear 14T (H60G006XXT)'.

I'm not even sure that the 118t gear can be used on the 550, it was meant for the 600 only
Hi very good morning to you I think I no why, if its for a 600 thats the reason I did ask were I got it from and they could not answer but still taken my money as I did ask, and he said that's the gear,big thankyou again kindest regards Richard

Top Bottom