500 Help with 3gx gains

holtneil

Hi guys , i have tested my new 500 pro more now wind has stopped and i have 2 very small problems , one is a tail kick when in a hover it acts like the gyro turns off and on again in a second so you get a tail kick, is it a power problem esc is set at 6v i can make it 7v ( its the standard castle 70amp that comes with trex 500 pro )
the second which i think will be easy to sort as you go from forward flight to a stop heli bounces , What gain do you adjust to stop this ?
All setting are as Tony said on the 3gx videos

holtneil

Hi Tony it`s v5 the tail is strange it just kicks and returns to where it was it only takes a second but it should not do it so need to find out why

holtneil

Hi Tony i dont know if its connected but while the 3gx is plugged into pc the servo kick from time to time , but only the tail does it in flight , i did some more adjustments to 3 gx tonight i will let you know if any problems have been fixed

Tony

Staff member
The tail kick I have heard a couple times from others running V5.0. And I have no idea what is causing it. And don't have any time to actually test it. I do plan to, just not sure when. If you find a solution, I would greatly appreciate it if you would post your results.

holtneil

Hi Tony will do , i was thinking am i adjusting the wrong thing are the gain pots one adjustment and the pc another this would be why i cant stop the bounce if it pots that need adjusting i will put back to your set up and try the pots

Slobberdog

The two pots on the top of the unit are for aileron and elevator gain, you adjust the rudder gain through your tx and there is other rudder stuff in the software, can't remember the exact titles at the moment

holtneil

HI Slobberdog happy 4th my friend ,well i lowered it and bounce has gone , thank god for that was doing my head in , i put all 3gx settings back to Tonys set up , its very windy here so will fly as it is for now , on last flight tail kick only happened once not 3 or 4 times so it may be connected in some way

Slobberdog

Yeah pretty dyer down here in S Wales, not flown outside this week, due to work and weather, but never mind, weekend looking shocking so I guess I will have to wait and get the 250 out in the hall on Monday night.

holtneil

Hi mate sorry forgot you was down there, the wind has really picked up now and rain tomorrow , now the 500 is flying just need to sort out 450 that has tail problems but thats another very long story ,i have not flown a 250 for a very long time i learnt to fly with one hard work as they are so god dam fast lol take care my friend

Top Bottom