General help!! setup questioN... (:

montyZooma

hey guys!

first off this is a great website! perfect for beginners like myself :) ok so my question is regarding the dx6i complete setup of a ccpm helicopter vids you have. these videos have made it so much less complicated... but would the settings you used in the video be suitable for a newbie?
thanks!

Tony

Staff member
It all depends on your flying style. Every person will be different and will want the helicopter to feel a certain way. If the sticks feel a little too mushy to you, you can lower the expo, and raise the dual rate. If you want a little more head speed when just hovering or during normal forward flight, you can take your throttle curve from 0 25 50 75 100 to 0 40 60 80 100. But, all in all, yes a beginner getting into CCPM helicopters can use my settings and be just fine. Just remember to take it slow.

And thanks for the kind words. It's always nice to see people like yourself getting some knowledge out of the time I have spent on this site and the videos. If there is anything else that I can do for you, just let me know.

montyZooma

thanks tony! your videos are seriously great for beginners as it is extremely tough to grasp all the different concepts! i will not hesitate to ask you any questions that need answering since you are the dx6i master ;)

Tony

Staff member
haha, thanks bro. The DX6i can be a little daunting when you first get it and look in the menu. But, once you figure out the basics, you will be doing what I just did to mine over the last year hahahahaha. My poor radio...

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
haha, thanks bro. The DX6i can be a little daunting when you first get it and look in the menu. But, once you figure out the basics, you will be doing what I just did to mine over the last year hahahahaha. My poor radio...
Yes, depending on how you look at Tony's DX6i you will either say it's a beautiful piece of art or a totally mucked up POS ... most of that sentiment will stem from whether you like the color purple or not. Some have even called his Tx "Barney". :chuckles:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
heehee... barney mobile.. thats funny...

welcome to the site montyzooma... dude.. I am a beginner too and as you can see, I am the "crash master" of this site!! lol. you want something crashed, you can count on me, that I will crash it and not just that CRASH IT BAD!! lol.. but Idont give up...haahahhahaha :) TOny's videos helped me a ton.. and he is on chat usually that makes things easier too..

Top Bottom