Quad Help quad esp

bucky

I built this quad I found listed on utube using the plush30A esp. I assembled it with no issues & purchased a DX6 to control it. When I went to fire it up only 3 motors ran correctly & the 4th started slow & then quit. If I turn the motor by hand it will run for a second 'again at a slow rate' & then quit. I switched the esp's around & I get the same result with the same esp no matter where I set it up. Am I missing something I need to adjust with this one esp or is it just bad? Below is a list of the parts I used to build the quad.
Thank you for any help, this is my first quad build so I am a in the dark on this all thought I have a lot of experience racing RC trucks & cars so I do have some what of a clue (I think).

- - - Updated - - -

Parts
SK450 - FRAME
ATMEGA168A - control board
hobby king power distribution board
NTM PROP DRIVE SERIES 26-28a 1200KV - motors

SIXFOOTER

Welcome to the forum, we have help in here
1st, its an ESC (Electronic Speed Controller)
2nd, DId you calibrate the ESC? Most of them you turn on the TX, go full throttle, then power up the ESC, it will beep, then throttle down, beeps again. Power off and your done.
Or, you might have a bad ESC.

Stambo

I assume you mean ESCs. :)
It sounds like you may have a faulty esc, post the list so we have a bit more info.

You could try recalibrating it.
REMOVE PROPS!!
Connect ESC to a motor.
Plug it into the throttle channel of your receiver (nothing else just the ESC).
Turn on transmitter and put throttle at full.
Connect battery to ESC and wait for a few beeps.
Put throttle to low, should beep some more.
Try it.

The plush is sort of ok for a quad but when we swapped them out for some simonk flashed ESCs on my friends one it flew MUCH better.

Edit
Sixfooter beat me to it :)

Last edited:

bucky

Thanks for the input Sixfooter!
ESP? I have no idea why I posted that & I don't think that will run the quad:)
I did calibrate the ESC as you stated & I get the same result so :( bad ESC I think.

Top Bottom