Spektrum Help please, DX6i question?

Blade 400

Hi all,

I`m new to Collective Pitch Heli`s and have a Spektrum DX6i Radio.

I have two of the same Helicopters (Blade 400`s) dialled in albeit on separate Model channels and have the following issue (Please bear with me, I am new to this Radio)

I have to make significant trim adjustments for both models in order to get them to not drift around. When I have trimmed the first model, the next time I fly the second model, I have to make significant trim adjustments again. Are trim adjustments independent to each other for different models ie... They don`t affect each other? Also, the Trims have to be moved far from centre to hold each bird, is this a setup issue ie...... Do I need to level the swash on each with the trim tabs back at centre?

Many thanks

Blade

RandyDSok

In digital radios, such as the DX6i and others, the different model memories will have separate settings including the trims ( which are also digital ). This is because no 2 models even when built from the same plans, can be exactly like each other. Each one is slightly different. Helicopters will always drift, how much depends on the weather conditions as well as how well the servos center each time.

Blade 400

In digital radios, such as the DX6i and others, the different model memories will have separate settings including the trims ( which are also digital ). This is because no 2 models even when built from the same plans, can be exactly like each other. Each one is slightly different. Helicopters will always drift, how much depends on the weather conditions as well as how well the servos center each time.
Thanks RandyDSok I really appreciate your help!

Do I have to return the main trims on TX back to the same place when I fly the second model ie... as I`ve had to move the trim tabs on the TX to different positions for the first model? Not sure I understand that myself Lol - I think I`m asking do the physical positions of the trim tabs on the TX affect either model or are they independent?

I intend to setup both with zero trim and sub trim on TX, once I learn how too! I bought John Salt`s (rchelicopterfun.com) setup e-book, so hope to set the heads up straight and true :thumbsup: Lots of Sim time before actual flying and I should good :biggrin1:

Admiral

Hi Blade, just reading through this thread and have a question, when you change models do you change model profiles ? For instance you should have one profile called Blade #1 and anther called Blade #2 each one having it's own set of setting including Trim settings.

Randy is correct with what he says, I just feel that you have missed the concept of Model Profiles, my apologizes if I'm wrong.

RandyDSok

Just to clarify some terms... I used the term "model memory" and Admiral used "model profile" ... we are both talking about the same thing just using slightly different terms. The DX6i has 10 model memory ( or profile ) slots to save settings for each model and as Admiral stated... each model should have their own separate slot. As I implied, even if they are the same model, you still use different model memory slots for each one because they aren't exact in every way, each will need trimmed slightly differently.

This sort of brings another topic up... if you share or get a model memory with all of the settings... It may get you close to the settings you need but it will also need tweaked further because no two models are ever identical. Not to mention some of those settings may be user preferences and will differ as well since everyone has their own likes/dislikes.

Blade 400

Just to clarify some terms... I used the term "model memory" and Admiral used "model profile" ... we are both talking about the same thing just using slightly different terms. The DX6i has 10 model memory ( or profile ) slots to save settings for each model and as Admiral stated... each model should have their own separate slot. As I implied, even if they are the same model, you still use different model memory slots for each one because they aren't exact in every way, each will need trimmed slightly differently.

This sort of brings another topic up... if you share or get a model memory with all of the settings... It may get you close to the settings you need but it will also need tweaked further because no two models are ever identical. Not to mention some of those settings may be user preferences and will differ as well since everyone has their own likes/dislikes.
Thanks again for your help RandyDSok and Admiral :thumbsup:
Yes, I do have each model on a separate model memory / profile slot and they are trimmed differently. In my ignorance, I thought for a moment that moving the physical trim tabs on the DX6i for one model, would affect the other when I came to fly her again but, If I`ve understood correctly, they are completely separate?
Cheers
Blade

Top Bottom