450 help on servo pls.

pit_helis

Ok. got a new heli just the other day, Im on assembling this new 450 3gx, but I have a big problem with the electronics. I have no idea on how to do this to start with, my current is a 120sr RTF(no problem just fly), but now I have the servo, rx, a new tx too.. Can you guys help me on setting this servo pls? here it is, trex 450 3gx v2 and a dx8 with rx, telemetry.

As most of you know there is AIL, ELEV AND PITCH PLUS THE REAR SERVO and BEC/batt(that's what it says on it) speed controller all from align. Then dx8 ar8000 rx and tm1000(telemetry). The batt

Thank you guys in advance.
pit.

Tony

Staff member
There are quite a few different ways you can hook this up. First of all, forget about the telemetry module. It's just another headache that you dont' need right now.

With the tail facing you, the aileron is the front right servo, pitch is the front left servo (plugs into Aux1 port) and the rear cyclic is the elevator. Under the tail boom, that's the tail servo.

Watch my 450 V2 build videos as it will help you with the build. the link above is how to do the initial setups with the 3GX. I will be doing more of those here soon.

If you have specific questions, post them up and I will help you out any way I can.

pit_helis

There are quite a few different ways you can hook this up. First of all, forget about the telemetry module. It's just another headache that you dont' need right now.

With the tail facing you, the aileron is the front right servo, pitch is the front left servo (plugs into Aux1 port) and the rear cyclic is the elevator. Under the tail boom, that's the tail servo.

Watch my 450 V2 build videos as it will help you with the build. the link above is how to do the initial setups with the 3GX. I will be doing more of those here soon.

If you have specific questions, post them up and I will help you out any way I can.

OK sir tony. Let me see those servos and start to familiarize with all those wires. btw, is the BEC (speed control) will connected to the motor and the batt? Bec if is, the male connectors are a bit bigger than the f-BEC connectors.. any advice?

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what you are saying in that last post. The BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit) is just what supplies the power to the Rx. If you are running a 3s battery, it's rated at 11.1v with a max of 12.6v and the BEC lowers that down to about 5V so you dont' burn anything up. The ESC on this model should have the BEC built into it so it's just plug and play.

You will plug the 3 wires with bullet connectors into the motor wires, the servo plug will plug into the Rx in the throttle channel and then you will have your 2 power wires that are hooked up to the battery.

pit_helis

001.jpg

sir tony here's the batt, the speed control and the motor .. those bullet conn from the motor(bigger than the female conn from the speed control), then the batt will be conn to the speed control?? W/c servo will be plugged throttle cha? and w/c cha? -RX?
pit

001.jpg

Tony

Staff member
then the batt will be conn to the speed control?? W/c servo will be plugged throttle cha? and w/c cha? -RX?

I'm sorry but I have no idea what this means.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Confusion, got to love it! Lol first of all you have to go buy some plugs! I suggest deans plugs for your battery to esc connections. Then you need some female bullit plugs for the esc to motor! You need to take them motor with you to your hobby shop to get the right size plugs.

The red and black wires on the battery solder the female deans plug to that. On the esc where the red and black wire come out with the servo plug, solder the male plug. Make sure you solder the red wires on the + side of the plugs. They are marked! Where the red, blue, and black wires come out solder the bullit connectors there. Plug the motor into the bullit connectors. There color coded. Plus the servo plug on the esc to the throttle channel of the RX. Then the battery plugs into the deans plugs you just soldered on.

It can't be any simpler than that. If you can not comprehend then get someone to help you! Make sure you do not short out the two main wires on the battery at any time or you'll have a very Big Bang that won't turn out so good!!!

Westy

LEGEND
Just a side note ... If you are using Deans connectors (Which I love by the way) a lot o heat goes into the plastic when soldering & can warp the whole plug.

To PREVENT THIS..... plug the mating Deans plug that you are not soldering .... into your plug you are soldering. This will act as a heat sink and keep everything lined up when the heat is on. you will never have another problem with your deans connectors if you do this everytime you solder on them.

IF you ever get confused about what wire to solder to a Deans ..... look at the plug like a Capital T The rising part of the T is always NEGATIVE & the top part of the T going across is always POSITIVE

BAtteries always .... have the Female plugs of any type on them. This is to
prevent ARCING

Hope this helps

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Look at the picture Westy, there is no plug on his battery! I'm surprised it hasn't shorted out already! Picture is I post #7.

RandyDSok

... and the servo wire that is coming from the ESC is what plugs into the throttle channel on your receiver

I might also suggest that you stop using abbreviations or any other shorthand when you are trying to ask a question so there isn't any confusion as to what you are asking.

Top Bottom