FBL Gyro help needed in finding gyro

eddie123

hi guy's first I made a mistake in buying a flybarless gyro, I am a total newbie at this so if this is a stupid question let me say sorry now, right looking around for a gyro for a black angel 450 ba heli I came across a cx-3x1000 for the copterx upon checking the price I find it almost £100 expensive considering I am just starting out. so my question is could I use say a turngy head lock an standard gyro in place of this . thanks guys

Tony

Staff member
If this is a flybarless helicopter, then you must use a flybarless gyro. Otherwise there is no way for the helicopter to stabilize.

If you are on a tight budget, look into the ZYX or the Kbar (or is it Vbar). They are both decent gyros that will get you in the air. My personal opinion is save up some money and get the AR7200BX (as long as you are using a spektrum Tx) or the Ikon. Those are some of the best gyros out there and the most stable.

And never apologize for asking a question on this forum. We are here to help no matter the question.

Admiral

Hi Eddie, the CX-3x1000 3 axis Gyro is only about A$30 that about £15, they are quite a good gyro but getting old now, there are a lot of good cheap gyros out there that are much easier to setup.
Is your Black Angel Flybared or Flybarless (FBL)? if it is FBL then you will need a 3 Axis gyro, if it is Flybared any good headlock gyro will do.

eddie123

hi admiral thanks for the info but over here they range from 75 pound and upwards here and we don't have re-liable outlets over here most people I know order abroad it easier and yes it a flybared model thanks

Admiral

Hi Eddie, I thought you would have been able to pick up a suitable Tail Gyro on Ebay for a good price, but I had a quick look on the UK site and there is none. I have 3 or 4 Align 780s laying around as I've converted nearly everything to FBL happy to send you one for the cost of the postage unless one of our UK members locally to you has one they can supply. Twelve months ago I would have gotten 50 hits for Tail Gyros now it seems they are a thing of the past.

Derek

Hi Eddie, I thought you would have been able to pick up a suitable Tail Gyro on Ebay for a good price, but I had a quick look on the UK site and there is none. I have 3 or 4 Align 780s laying around as I've converted nearly everything to FBL happy to send you one for the cost of the postage unless one of our UK members locally to you has one they can supply. Twelve months ago I would have gotten 50 hits for Tail Gyros now it seems they are a thing of the past.

This would be a good way to go! I had a spare GP790 gyro, just two weeks ago, but I gave it to a guy at my LHS.

murankar

Staff member
I I was able to sell mine about 3 months ago. Plus I gave Derek my last one. I am plum out of head lock gyros. If hobby king still has the ga-250. Those are super cheap and work.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

You say, you already bought a FBL gyro by mistake. Do you still have that?
You can just use the tail gyro part of it for your Flybarred heli.

Tony

Staff member
You say, you already bought a FBL gyro by mistake. Do you still have that?
You can just use the tail gyro part of it for your Flybarred heli.

Yup, what he said. You will have to use a standard Rx, but you will plug your tail servo into the gyro adn only hook the gyro up on the rudder port of each. It's a little bulky, but will work.

Tony

Staff member
I moved this thread into the gyro section. We keep the lounge for off topic chat only.

Slobberdog

Fast-lads.co.uk has just put up a Spartan Quark tail gyro on their second hand stuff for £45, prob the best tail gyro available.

eddie123

yeah lee I still have it it's a copterx cx 3x2000. but knowing nothing about it I have ordered a new one along with a few other things advised to get, so cheers for the input, I guess I am to eager.

Top Bottom