250 Help! my HK 250 will not lift off the ground

mousie

Ok here is what I got.My HK 250 GT spools up fine seems to have good head speed but barely wants to lift.I double checked my pitch and have +10 pos and about -8 neg.What am I missing? Battery is 3s 45c 800mah and has a full charge. Just seems like it don't have enough pitch for lift.

Lee

Sounds weird. Maybe if you put up a video we can look at it. If you have the right headspeed and pitch, there shouldn't be any reason for it not lifting.

Westy

LEGEND
you got Zero pitch on both blades at mid stick?

- - - Updated - - -

you need to show us your pitch and throttle curves ... see if something is not quite right.

Tony

Staff member
I agree with Lee, it would help out a lot to see a video of the bird, not only to see it, but to hear it as well.

Derek

Loading a video is actually quite easy.

Simply set up your video cam in such a way that it is pointed at the heli. Maybe on a tripod or chair. Tell us, on the video, what you are doing and maybe some settings and then spool up the heli to show us what it is doing. Once it's recorded...save the file to your computer then upload the video to Youtube. Uploading a video to Youtube is super simple. Just "title" your video and maybe add some text to the description box. Once the video is uploaded to Youtube, simply copy and paste the link to the video in this thread. No worries!

wolfman76

My 450 did the same thing but only when the pack didn't have enough power left in it... 800mah seems a little small i may be wrong never had a 250 sized heli before so if the mah's on a pack are to low will that let it spool up but not have wrench juice for lift off i would think even a 250 heli would have close to atleast 1000mah pack or even closer to a 2000mah pack in it...

Lee

800 is the size for a 250. I used 800 and 1000, but 1000 doesn't allow you to fit the canopy.

wolfman76

Hince the never ending learning curve.... Now i know what size lipo goes in a 250.. Not that i will ever own one of squirly little boogers... Lol

Top Bottom