Spektrum Help me OBI-WAN Tony, your my only hope

callsign4223

Staff member
You know that wonderful backlight you put into the dx6i, well the hot glue holding the transformer in place let loose and the transformer was banging around inside the case. One of the wires broke loose from the transformer while it was swinging around. I need to know where it needs to be soldered back on.

There are 2 red wires soldered at the red circle
There are 2 black wires soldered at the black circle
There are 0 wires soldered at the blue circle, but it looks like there used to be something soldered there

So, which circle do I solder this extra red wire to? Or is it somewhere else?

Photo Dec 10, 6 49 50 PM.jpg

Colors are kinda hard to see, sorry. Just lean close to the monitor ;)

Photo Dec 10, 6 49 50 PM.jpg

callsign4223

Staff member
No, there is a wire(red wire at the top of the photo that looks like it is pointing up from under the board) that is definitely broken loose.

murankar

Staff member
keep in mind tony had the knight rider mod in there too. some of that may have been left over. Now you will have to wait till tony comes on before to long to help.

Sorry to here about your malfunction going on in there.

callsign4223

Staff member
It's not that bad, the TX still works fine. I just miss by backlight. I had no idea how much it helped until it wasn't there.

I do think that some of the extra wires are going to the knight rider mod also. This transformer is huge, and I can't see it being needed just for the backlight.

Tony

Staff member
The black (center) is common and will have not only the negative from the battery, but also the negative going to the EL sheet. The red wires will be split since one is 6vDC and the other is about 90vAC. I'm 99% sure it will go to the one little place where there is no wire soldered on. Hope you have a small soldering iron lmao. Those things are a pain in the ass to repair. If you need help soldering, let me know, grab the Edge and whatever else and come on down to the house lmao.

Top Bottom