1x futaba 9257
1x tm1000 will be adding later

Esc is a 40a hobby king blueseries with 4a 5.5v sbec

Because the sbec is 4a will it handle it

Thanks

Paul

Tony

Staff member
The only way to avoid brown-out's is to put the antennas in two different orientations. One going vertical, the other going horizontal. Make sure there is at least 3cm separating them.

I hope this is what you wanted to know. Not sure since there was not really a question up there.

And moved to he heli beginner area.

Tony

Staff member
I know what a brown out is, had it happen to me a couple times lol. They suck. What I posted above is the best way to avoid them. That and charged batteries in the Tx and not running the Rx battery too low.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Brownout - electrical loss - common on 3gx system buddy

You got anything above a firmware 2.0 on 3GX Paul..? If so then 3GX will not brown out.

3gx had issues with its 1.0 firmware. If you haven't upgraded do it now and install 3.0 and then just fly.

Have you had one recently?

And btw 4a sbec is enough I think. I had a 5a bec on my 700 for a couple days lol . It did fine but in was on the edge

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Last edited:

Lee

The savox servos are renowned for drawing a lot of current. You could get a Castle Creations 10A BEC to take over from the internal BEC of the ESC. At least then you will be sure there is enough power getting to the RX, and if it still has a brown out, then its as the guys said, antenna orientation or 3GX firmware issue.

murankar

Staff member
I am running 4 savox servos I have the 3 cyclics you have and a savox tail servo. My esc puts out 5 amps at 5-15volts and my rx is a cheapo flysky with a really long antenna. I have have not experienced any brown outs. I have seen on amainhobbies a brown out eliminator, not sure if this will work on 3gx though.

Top Bottom