Projects Help About Glow Engine

zonot

Hi there .
A glow 2 stroke engine AP .15 from HK . It 2.5 cc but i don't the thrust this engine can produce .
My plan is to put this engine in FT scout ( 1 meter WS ) . But since i don't know much about glow engine for airplane , infact this the first time for me to built rc airplane with engine power .
So help me is this .15 engine has enough power or not ?
Thank you .

RandyDSok

Since you haven't gotten back to answer my question... I'm going to go ahead and assume it is the Flite Test ( I'd misspelled it earlier ) Simple Scout airplane. If it isn't, this info may or may not apply to your question depending on the plane you are talking about.

The Simple Scout is a foam plane... As such, you don't want to use a fuel engine like you asked about because the Simple Scout's foam would not stand up to it... it'd get melted by the fuel. In that case you want to get an electric motor like they had specified for their kit. They have a power pack kit that includes the EMAX 2213-935 motor and servos and other things they recommend. You don't need to use that specific motor if you don't want to, but one with similar specs would be recommended.

Since you are a beginner... whatever model you get/got... follow the recommended parts that they recommend for the model you select. Don't try using very different parts until you are more experienced.

Tony

Staff member
As rdsok stated, nitro fuel will turn foam into a paste and your plane will rain out of the sky, almost literally lol. best to get a balsa/monokote plane for nitro, or even fiberglass if your pockets are deep enough. But that is a pretty small engine so the plane will have to be pretty small.

zonot

I did it anyway .. it a foammy plane with .15 engine . The nose / fire wall i made it from balsa . It fly well .

Tony

Staff member
Nice. Keep us posted about how it does and how it flies! Looks like you have it taped up pretty good so that will provide some protection from the fuel/oil.

zonot

Want to see how she fly ?

Utube :5 minutes
Instagram : 1 minutes

This is not maiden flight . I Flew it almost half gallon of fuel . Fly nice.. yes it ft scout . Even it just 1.5 cu / 2.4 cc it noisy . And that what i like . But it oily .. must clean it well after each flight .. before i store it . Engine need more maintance than electic motor.
At lease now i know how to fly rc plane with glow engine .. and i make it cheap .

Tony

Staff member
You are right, nitro is very messy and you have to keep everything wiped down. But plane looks good in the air! Nice job!

Top Bottom