Hello to all...

bmandery

I have posted a few times on here and I haven't really introduced myself. Brad Mandery here, completely new to helicopter flying. I thought it always looked like a ton of fun and wanted to try and get into the hobby. I have owed nitro stuff in the past. But I think that was in 2000. Here is a little bit about me. I was born and raised in South Dakota, I work for Alkota Cleaning Systems, INC in Alcester. I am the I.T. manager there. Computers have been a passion of mine since 1990 when our family got our very first computer. I take care of everything at Alkota, as I am the only one in the I.T. department. Along with that I am also a computer programmer and write all the internal applications that the company uses. For those that are familiar with programming I mainly program in c#, web and windows applications. I raced sprint cars for 5 years. This was a lot of fun. But the amount of money to keep my operation going was getting too much for me. This ended in July of 2009 after I flipped my 2nd car of the year into the fence at one of the local dirt tracks. I am still involved with racing. I taught myself how to tig weld and I repair chassis and build sprint car components. I am also in the process of building a few go-karts for some people. I enjoy machining as well. I don't have access to high dollar machines but do use our lathe and end mill at Alkota when I need to. I enjoy riding my 4 wheelers in the summer time, playing xbox(GamerTag: XExpress91) for those of you that are on XBL. I study electronics a bit when I have free time, which isn't much. I wish I knew more about it, but have limited skills. I recently moved to an acreage last April and really got a kick out of gardening. For some reason this is fun to do, I am not sure why because it ‘s a lot of work. But when to get to eat stuff that you grew yourself, it is very rewarding.

Thanks,
Brad

Tony

Staff member
Jack of all trades, I know the feeling lol. I love sprint cars but know all too well just how much it takes to keep one running. People love watching the wrecks, but what they don't see is all of the suspension, wings, rear end tubes, wheels and so on that now has to be replaced that is a couple three thousand dollars every time. One reason I'm not in that life anymore lol.

I think you will do fine in this hobby. I see you using your skills in creating something that has not been done yet. There have been some people that have wanted to do this, but finances have gotten in the way.

As you know, if there is anything you want to know or need help with, just ask. We are always here to help.

Lee

Welcome Brad,
You have a skill set there that will hold you well in tho hobby. I was an Xbox addict until i picked up my first helicopter. Now its been sitting in its box for 3 years collecting dust. When i did play, i was into Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Got to Gold Cross 55. Thats three months of solid play online to get the highest ranking.
Look forward to your RC exploits.
Lee

wolfman76

welcome to the family brad which you are now part of we are all helpfull and friendly round here and as you will see we are a family made up from different parts of the world so welcome!!!

Top Bottom