Hello - New Member From Seattle

Microbus

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and new to RC helicopters. I've flown the little indoor copters, but have recently decided to learn how to fly the real helis. I've got myself a 120 SR and a mSRx for the moment and will step up once I figure out how to fly these guys. I have a sim and it's really helping me learn. I want to learn as much as I can so please be patient with me as I ask questions that are obvious to everyone but me.

Derek

No worries buddy! Welcome to the site! There are no dumb question here. If you don't know the answer to something...the only way to learn is to ask.

The 120 SR and mSRx are great learners and the sim will help out alot!

Tony

Staff member
microbus, one thing you will learn about this forum is you will NEVER see us post :search: or :trysearch:

If you have a question, then ask it. No matter if it's something that has been asked a million times, we will answer it. We may answer it with a link to another post, but we will answer it. If at any time you feel that someone is trashing on you, there is a little triangle below every post, click on that and I will handle it.

As I'm sure you have figured, I'm Tony from the videos and the owner and founder of this great forum. I created this forum as a friendly place where the newbie's can come and get answers that they can't get on the larger forums.

As Derek has stated, those two heli's are great for learning about this hobby. You are doing it the right way by NOT jumping into collective pitch as I did and getting frustrated.

Again, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

:welcome1:

Graham Lawrie

Hi Microbus, welcome to the madness. Great forum here and great guys. No such things as a stupid question on here. Lots of answeres and lots of friendly support is what you will find:) What sim do you use? Cheers Graham

stokke

Welcome to the forum Microbus :D You are in the ideal track for a beginner; 120SR and a SIM - perfect. Keep it up and before you know it, you're building your first 450 :D

Whirlybird

Welcome Microbus :hdbng: As mention, this is your one stop place for RC answers! Love your area!!!! My daughter lives in Woodinville :)

Microbus

Thanks for the welcome you guys - I'm definitely glad to be here. Graham, I'm using the RealFlight Basic for now and I'm finding it to be invaluable! I've crashed $100,000 worth of helis on it so far lol. Yesterday I picked up a DX6i so I will probably get a Phoenix, too. Can't have too many learning tools!

Whirlybird, I actually live in Woodinville, too. Groovy little town.

I'm about to rewatch Tony's video on setting up my DX6i and take my birds out for some crashing fun - might even get some flying in, too. Programming this thing is kind of intimidating...

murankar

Staff member
Looks like your doing right. I have an MCx, 120sr, ex I 450 and now my pride and joy Protos mini. Master the 120sr and you'll be ready for the cp family of helicopters.

Microbus

As a new pilot I can see this is going to be an expensive hobby. Not only the price of my birds, the repair parts, the Tx, the sim etc, but every move I make it seems there is a flat screen TV, laptop or iPad just lurking about and waiting for an opportunity to jump in front of my heli! Crikey!

wolfman76

welcome to the rc-help family my brutha from anutha mutha (that is my line) lol and as derek also said a sim is an invaluable tool and even though you do not have a collective pitch heli yet trust me fly them on the sim as much as you can that way when you do get a 450 it will be alot easier for you to fly the real bird...

- - - Updated - - -

trust me i learn the hard way it is better to wait and be ready my first heli was a exi 450 and i got the phoenix sim that came with the dx5e airplane transmitter and got to anxious to fly my heli and bound it to the dx5e with no gyro BIG MISTAKE!!!! i flew it for maybe 10 seconds then crash!!!!!! first 1 in the log books and certainly not the last i have crashed that bird atleast 4 or 5 time now which she now sits un repaired from the last time only due to my rc funds going to other projects like my xrotor quad... but i will have her in the air again this summer....

Lee

Welcome dude,
Lets see your toys. And we love video of all you're flying experiences.

Top Bottom