Hello From Virginia, USA!

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Hello all! I joined this forum a couple of hours ago and am impressed with the all the friendly discussions I have read here.

I am a newb to the forums setting and hobby. I am a member of the AMA and a local sanctioned club; although, most of the members fly planes there are a few of us flying helis. My particular interest is in Helis, although, I am learning to fly planes on the simulator through this winter. I own a local Real Estate Title & Escrow company and am lucky to live on a 10 acre farmette that backs to a 600 acre farm….lots of space to practice without having to drive somewhere. I also enjoy motorcycles and have been riding since I could get on one and twist the throttle. I currently have a 2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide.

Back to helis….I love the challenge and all the cool toys! My flying style is sport but I would like to expand my skills and learn some light 3D and progress from there., I have decided to enter the realm of building and purchased a Goblin 630. I must admit that I have researched tremendously through the forums to come up with my setup (listed below); however, did not join any until this week so I have not had any consults regarding my setup. Being a newb, I realize I may have purchased some items in vein and welcome any advice as to parts working/fitting together, etc. I am not afraid of advice from others as we are all here to help each other enjoy our time in the air. I decided to build because I wanted a larger bird, I wanted a Goblin, and, through discussions with club members and friends, I have come to know that building will give me a deeper insight into the hobby and the setup of my helis. The box(es) is on the way as I write this!!!

One of the things I have noticed on other forums when someone asks a question is one or two people give an honest well thought, objective answer, then the rest of the thread turns into a battle of who's parts are the best. This makes it hard to find answers. I do not find that here and it is a relief.

My fleet includes:
Helis: Blade mcx2, Nano, 120SR, 130X, 450 3D, 500X
Planes: Apprentice S 15e, Super Cub LP

Goblin Build Setup:
Goblin 630
Scorpion 4035-560 motor
RJX FS0521 HV servos (Cyclic and Tail)
Castle Phoenix Edge 120 HV ESC
WR Hercules G2 BEC
iKON FBL w/ 2 DSMX Sats
Scorpion Backup Guard
12S battery power (not purchased yet…probably go wit Glacier batteries from BuddyRc.com)

Tx: DX7s and DX9

Phoenix Flight Simulator

Gerald

Welcome, I am a rookie pilot just started back in september, lots of help and good information here! Ask away!
Post some pictures and videos we love that stuff!

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Thanks all for the warm welcome! I will post some pics in the members pic area soon.

Also, I would like to post my Goblin build progress. Which area is best for this?

Tony

Staff member
Your more than welcome to post some pictures in this thread if you wish. If you want to keep them separate, I can understand that.

As for the Gobby, Just post it in the forum that fits it. If it's a 500, then put it in that section, 600, 660, 700, 770, same deal. And yes, I know the Gobby 500 is a TRUE 500 and not a 425 lol.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Cool! Thanks, Tony. Already posted in the pics area. And thanks for creating a great, helpful form.....

LOL! So what's the 630????

Top Bottom