Hello From Tomc Michigan

TomC

Just joined forum. Have been out of RC Planes for years. Was looking for light foam design for park flying came across this in YouTube search. Looks great. Headed to Florida for winter will try to get one built down there.

TomC

Tony

Staff member
Hey Tom, welcome to RCH! If you are talking about the RCH Trainer, it is a fantastic plane. Can't wait to see your progress.

:welcome1:

Geena

Staff member
Welcome aboard, Tom. What part of Florida are you going to be visiting? If you are close to Sebring, ( about 80 miles South of Orlando) let me know. We`d be happy to have you fly as a guest at our flying field.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi Tom,
I've been involved with model airplanes since I was about 7 years old. Thru the years modeled and flew gliders, control line, radio control. In the service I worked on helicopters and it was in West Germany that I got with a American/German flying club, until I left to return to the states in 1975. Left the hobby until 2011 when I saw a guy flying a model helicopter, after that I was hooked. I have three helicopters, one is built from a kit I got from a friend in the UK. It took me 70 hours to finish it. The hardest kit I ever built but she's a beauty of a CH 53 with full navigational lights. I'm presently working on a 450 size bird that when finish will be put in a Agusta A109 that's 780mm long (about 26 inches). I'm retired army and live in Virginia Beach, Va. and near Oceana Naval Air Station. I have the best viewing in my back yard seeing the navy/marine aircraft both fix wing and helicopter fly over head. And the Navy's Blue Angels always put on an excellent air show. Tom learning to fly heli's is no joke. Airplanes are quite forgiving because the lift from the wings help you stay afloat. With helicopters it's a different story and you have to react quickly or you'll make a mistake. I learn the term "muscle memory" meaning if you have to think about, opps you'll crash and burn. Had my fair share of crashes along the way, but always repaired my birds to fly another day. I went and got a flight simulator to keep my skills sharp. There are so many videos on you tube to see about model RC helicopters. What I like very much about the guys I met here on RC-Help.com is the friendship, good advice and support. Never met such a nicer group of people in all my life. I've learn so much in a short period of time. Wishing you the same good luck I'm having.
Best Regards,
Jim

Top Bottom