Hello from Ohio

luciandrew

Just found this site through youtube,really neat and very active! I got into RC Airplanes about 12 years ago just didn't have the time to pursue it. Finally got back in to it a year ago now that I have the time to dedicate to it. I was a crew chief on F4 fighters in the 1970's hence my love of planes and hope to get into RC jets in the future but one step at a time.I am totally overwhelmed how the electric planes have advanced and my preference over gas engines.Over the past 8 months I have purchased the E flite T-34 Mentor RTF,the E flite Beaver ARF,the Flyzone Switch,Parkzone Spitfire BNF and Flyzone tx-r F4U Corsair. Haven't done much flying yet but will be ready this coming spring. I also have the DX6i transmitter for all the planes,but for me it's trying to learn another computer! I have already learned that in this hobby you really need alot of help and advise from others with many years of experience.I am looking forward to asking many questions and hope I can help others as well.I have done alot of reading and studying on the electrics so far but have a ways to go! Happy flying everyone

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Hey thanks for joining up on the forum, it's great to have you here. And I know you have heard this a million times now, but thanks for your service. The F4 is one of my favorite fighters and one of these days, I will have one. The Rc kind, not the real thing lmao. Oh how I wish.

YOu seem to have a really good setup already with the 6i. You will love that Tx. And if you can work on an F4, it will take you no time at all to figure this tx out. We are here for any questions you may have. Just post them up in the forum sections appropriate to the question.

Again, thanks for your service, and thanks for joining up on the forum!

BOKI

luciandrew; Just want to welcome you to the site we have a some really great Rc people here! They will help you out I'm sure! Sounds like you have a good start already! :lol: :twothumbsup:

Derek

Hello there, luciandrew!!! I just wanted to let you know that I joined up with this forum a few months back and I come back to this forum each day and everyday. I am 36 years old, from NE Indiana, and I have been flying rc's for the past year. I've had a lot of unsuccessful flights but I have to say...each time I come back to this forum for help...that's exactly what I get. It's not just help that I get though....it's educational and beneficial help from people around the world that have a passion for RC. You will not be disappointed when you ask for help or contribute your own 2 cents on this forum. I can promise you that!

I see, from your post, that you have an Eflite Beaver. How do you like it? All the planes that I have are scratch build, but I would like to buy an ARF and I have been looking at the Beaver.

Lee

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing your planes. I'm just starting to build an F22. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Cheers Lee

luciandrew

Thanks Derek! Yep, I bought the Beaver about 8 months ago and really took my time building it,when time allowed. This was my first ARF build but I was really impressed with the kit when it arrived! I watched a youtube video of the build from a gentleman that I do not recall right now,old age kicking in. He made several modifications to the build I liked such as larger main gear wheels,different servos,etc.I am almost finished,only need to glue in the windows.All the servos in the wings are hidden inside a challenge for me! Also attaching the controls for rudder,tail wheel,and elevator in the tail was tight and a little tricky.I used metal clevis connectors since they screw on and off more easily than the plastic ones! Hope to fly it next summer but no hurry,I have other planes I want to practice on first.Watched a couple videos of it flying,really neat.I would recommend getting it,it looks really sweet for a bush plane!

john2012

Banned
welcome dude im john from ohio also, hey tony i just got back to work driving a truck agin and going to get my next heli from horizon hobby at least the blade 450 rtf or the trex 450 plus knowing that one comes with the DX6i and tho trex comes with the T6 tx what would you suggest for me to get tony thanks john2012

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to the site. You will really enjoy your time here, at least I do.

From one service member to another thank you. I am currently in central Texas compliments of the Army. I originated from east of Cleveland, Ohio. Hope to see home soon.

Again welcome to RCH.

wolfman76

And yet another big welcome to RC-HELP beleive me you have not made a bad choice in deciding to make rc-help your first forum to join up on... We are all one big happy family here and always more then eager to help each other when and however we can.... and also from a former guardsman THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!! I am currently building my first quad copter and a 65 1/2" RED TAIL P-51D Mustang nitro...

Tony

Staff member
welcome dude im john from ohio also, hey tony i just got back to work driving a truck agin and going to get my next heli from horizon hobby at least the blade 450 rtf or the trex 450 plus knowing that one comes with the DX6i and tho trex comes with the T6 tx what would you suggest for me to get tony thanks john2012

If you have the money, I would HIGHLY suggest the Align 450 (sport v2 has a belt, better for beginners. Pro v2 is a shaft drive, not so great for beginners). It's leaps and bounds better than anything Blade. Also, if you have the coinage, get at least the DX7s. This will allow you to run the 3GX gyro (for the Pro V2, not the sport) with just two satellite Rx's. If you get the DX6i, you will have to run another Rx along with the 3GX. Watch my build videos on the Align 450 to learn more.

Don't get the RTF Align though. I think their Tx's are crap. That is just my opinion, but it is what it is. Also, please make a thread of your own to ask questions. It just keeps the threads much cleaner and on topic.

john2012

Banned
thanks tony and i did watch your build of the 450 and loved it great info for me and i will watch everything you can share and that's now what im thinking to get with in the next three months first the the sim for learning then the DX7 tx then the 450 pro v2 im going with what you say tony

- - - Updated - - -

ok messed up the sport 450 right sorry i do want the belt yes

BOKI

john2012; Welcome to the site & hope you watch all Tony's videos ! The guy's here are really good & they all will try to help! :lol: :twothumbsup: I also have a Trex 450 SE V2 belt driven & it flies like a hummingbird! My 450 is a few years old ! But follow Tony's advice & the guy's on the site & you will do OK!

Last edited:
Top Bottom