General Hello from NC

John Lauby

I’ve been out of RC for 10( years. Flew 1/4 scale solutions, Pitts, Extra 300 and started Helis. bought a 300x and 450 XL 8 years ago and would like to get them out and flying. I have @ first gen DX8 that I’m trying to setup per YouTube demos Of Tony. Struggling a bit. Do I need a newer radio? Thanks for letting me in the group. J

RandyDSok

Getting a newer radio won't make it any easier for you to learn and stop the struggling. An 8ch ( not being brand specific ) should have everything you need for most of your needs but they all will have a learning curve. Of course, if you do have disposable income and see something that appeals to you more, or perhaps has a feature your current one doesn't have... there is nothing wrong with that either. Still, I'd suggest that you stick with what you have and simply ask some specific questions to address those things you are having an issue with.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1:John. Just post away on any questions you may have. Like Randy mention; simply ask some specific questions to address those things you are having an issue with. Will do the best we can to help resolve them. Lots of good help on this forum :).

John Lauby

Ty. I’m expecting a FW 450 to go with my two birds. I’ll use the radio setup Tony put 9n YouTube and check to see it i5 looks like

Admiral

Welcome to the Forum John, I'm with Randy on this there is nothing wrong with DX8 gen 1 but it's up to you. Before you do anything have a good look around and see whats available, see what everybody else are using and ask them about what they think of them, no point in re-learning the DX system and then deciding that you want to change to Jeti for better telementary or something else and learn all over again.

Top Bottom