Hello From Down-Under

Roger Lowery

I'm an "old" new member who spent his working life as a fighter pilot and flying instructor in the Royal Australian Air Force. Having retired, I turned my intrests to running air shows, searching for realism in Flight Simulator (FSX) and more recently in model aircraft ,particularly FPV.
However, I well understand the needs of real aviation and am religious in sticking to the FPV rules (line-of-sight, below 400', with an observer, etc) for safeties sake. Therefore I confine my FPV to 5.8Ghz,and park flying. The models I currently fly are the Durafly Tundra and the Parkzone Sport Cub S; both of which allow me to take-off and land on fairly rough ground and can easily be fitted with a camera, OSD and video TX. Examples of my FSX and FPV video are on view at: /www.youtube.com/channel/UCHeZvWAsCgVRtibcMwNdWGw.
I have just upgraded my RC controller to a Spektrum DX9 and became aware of this site by searching YouTube for advice on setting up that TX.
I look forward to interacting with other members on matters of aviation and aero modelling.

Cheers, Roger Lowery

Tony

Staff member
Hey Roger, welcome to RCH! The DX9 is a fantastic choice and you should never need another Tx unless you need more channels.

Sounds like you have dove head first into FPV and your videos are pretty good. Reminds me of the WW2 fighters with that prop in the center of the picture. Makes me want to put a camera on the RCH Trainer and give it a shot!

If you have any questions about the Tx, all you have to do is post up. We are always here to help. And thanks for sharing the videos. Keep them coming!

:welcome1:

trainrider06

Hi Rodger, welcome to the forum! Hope we might help if needed, and maybe you can help others too with your experience!

Top Bottom