Hello from Devon, United Kingdom

PYNES1664

Hi,

just thought I'd quickly introduce my self. Iv'e been following Tony's fantastic youtube videos so I thought it high time I joined the site forum.

So here I am !
Iv'e Been flying Fixed wing to a reasonable standard for over 30 years - an original 'MODE I' flyer.
Iv'e been flying Heli's (badly) for about 5 months after getting the bug - to the rapid depletion of my bank balance :) tried flying a Heli on mode I and just can't do as it just felt all wrong so swapped to Mode II which requires a very careful brain retrain before take off - both disciplines!!

Learned on and destroyed (in the back garden - cos i was too ashamed to take to the patch and be laughed at) more times than I care to remember a HoneybeeFP that had more money in mods and upgrades spent on it that it was worth quite frankly :(

upgraded to a HK450 GT and followed in ernest the youtube build thread which was invaluable (thanks Tony - you are a legend)

I can't beleive how stable the 450 is compared to the POS honey bee..lol though I have yet to take it to the patch so haven't had chance for any FF - just hovering fo far.

oh and ordered a HK250GT this morning when they came back into stock...finally!! am concerened however cos some of the reports i read on the 250 make it out to be a direct descendent of the devil :eek:

take care all.

Rich

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Welcome to the forum Rich. Legend? Wow, not sure how to respond to that hahaha. I just try to help people out. As my sig states, every flight is a test, and every crash is a lesson. Learn from what went wrong and don't do it again lol.

The 450 is a great helicopter, and I love mine. Even though I killed it a couple weeks ago haha. I just had my 250 in the air, and you saying "direct descendent of the devil" is almost right lmao. Mine is named Nightmare for a reason. I have had to replace a lot of parts just to get it in the air. But, atleast it flys now.

If you need any help with any of your heli's, just let us know. We are always glad to help. Hope to see you around on here more often.

PYNES1664

thanks mate, that's good to know and a very gracious offer! I will take you up on that I am positive.

cheers

Rich

Tony

Staff member
a 20x10 prop, holy crap hahaha. You have got to post some videos of you flying the heli's and planes. I have to see that Yak in action. If you submit some photos to pics@rc-help.com, I will get them uploaded onto the website for all to see. But, I definitely want to see you in action after 30 years of flying.

PYNES1664

I definitely want to see you in action after 30 years of flying.

lol..it doesn't make me any better, it just means Iv'e been mediocre for longer :D

I'll get you some pics sorted out mate, she is a real beauty, imported direct from Chris Hinson at Extreme Flight USA to the UK a few years ago, originally YS140 powered (23CC) but converted to Eflight at the end of last year as iv'e given up on oily things and gone all 'e'.

Prop hanging a 10lb plane is defenitely kinda scary and those that do it with ease have my undying admiration alhough I am lots more confident low down on 2.4 than i ever was on 35mhz (UK frequency) as getting up around the 2KW power range makes for one glitchy bird :eek:

laters m8...

Rich

Keith

Hi Rich...Welcome to the site...Paignton eh..Sure I would have been there sometime in my long past...
I remember going to Nth Devon as a air cadet, RAF Chivenor... Used to live in Bath.. Been living in Australia since 81..(Better weather over here)
When I used to fly over there it was 27Mhz, suppose that got took over by the CB band did it...?

Last edited:
lol..it doesn't make me any better, it just means Iv'e been mediocre for longer :D

I'll get you some pics sorted out mate, she is a real beauty, imported direct from Chris Hinson at Extreme Flight USA to the UK a few years ago, originally YS140 powered (23CC) but converted to Eflight at the end of last year as iv'e given up on oily things and gone all 'e'.

Prop hanging a 10lb plane is defenitely kinda scary and those that do it with ease have my undying admiration alhough I am lots more confident low down on 2.4 than i ever was on 35mhz (UK frequency) as getting up around the 2KW power range makes for one glitchy bird :eek:

laters m8...

Rich

Welcome to the Forum Rich

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Welcome to the forum Rich! Be sure to check out the website as well ... http://rc-help.com ... we just did a complete update over there. You can find most of the videos over there fairly easy.

Lee

Welcome Rich, I from just up the road in Wiltshire, but live in Spain now. I also have the 450 and 250 GT like Tony. I eventually sold my 250. Really it was an Exorcism to banish it from my house LOL :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hey man! ur path in heli's seems familiar to me.. i went from a hbfp v2 to a msr and then to 450 and then to mcpx.. i am still a learner on ccpm helis. but they are so much more fun to fly.. so much more response and you feel so much more connected. After the tony's post and after reading up, i realized, how the 250 is good but too twitchy for a learner. I am gonna stop myself from getting it until I can do some descent 3d on 450 and have good control of it.

Welcome to the site though! hope to see you around often.. :)

Top Bottom